Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/4
    Given: 0/0

Penn State beats Nebraska, but Iowa loses to Nebraska.

Was just cruisin the Nebraska boards, seems to be a common thought that Nebraska will have trouble with Penn State but squeek by Iowa.
    While I see the Husker edge over Iowa, I don't get where Penn State is getting so much cred. They didn't do that well last year, they are not expected to do that well this year yet a lot of Husker's seem to think that PSU can win the game.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Re: Penn State beats Nebraska, but Iowa loses to Nebraska.

I did that last night and holy corn holers batman!! Some of those guys are flat out whacked. I read two post where I think a wisky fan was just taking them to school, yet they sit there arguing. It actually made me think of a post I saw that said something about Nebraska fans being delusional.
    "My only belief is that I don't know sh!t " HawkeyeDug.

"But at the end of the day, it's good to win, it's bad to lose, and that's really how it is in college football." KF

"Our opponent right now is ourselves. Our challenge is how much can we improve." RM

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 6/6

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeDenis View Post
    Was just cruisin the Nebraska boards, seems to be a common thought that Nebraska will have trouble with Penn State but squeek by Iowa.
    While I see the Husker edge over Iowa, I don't get where Penn State is getting so much cred. They didn't do that well last year, they are not expected to do that well this year yet a lot of Husker's seem to think that PSU can win the game.

LOL It only makes sense! They are living in the past, so shouldn't they expect PSU be in the same catagory?
    "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 2/1

It is simple really PSU will be improved from last year and Nebby plays at PSU and has Iowa in Lincoln.

Thumbs Up/Down

Here is some reading to do. Remember guys, be nice.

How many wins, leaves us happy

The 11 new opponents so we won't win it all argument

So do you think they will be "happy".
    Last edited by olddude; 08-04-2011 at 09:31 AM.

"But at the end of the day, it's good to win, it's bad to lose, and that's really how it is in college football." KF

"Our opponent right now is ourselves. Our challenge is how much can we improve." RM

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyescott View Post
    It is simple really PSU will be improved from last year and Nebby plays at PSU and has Iowa in Lincoln.
    I agree ... Penn State should be a lot better in '11.

The bigger issue for PSU might be depth in '11. If they can remain healthy ... they're likely going to be really good. Of course, some of that projected success will depend on improved play on the OL. However, if they get hit much by injuries ... then they could really go downhill pretty quickly.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 87/23
    Given: 46/17

PSU has a bit of a question at QB and from the bowl game they proved they can completely implode and lose a game.

Thumbs Up/Down

Most PSU and Neb fans think the last 15 years of college football didn't happen. They are alredy calling that game the "time machine bowl"

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 100/13
    Given: 26/4

You have to understand, Nebraska thinks of themeselves as a "Nationally Significant Historical Big Name Program," and therefore they can only perceive losing to other 'Nationally Significant Big Name Programs", no matter how sucky either of them really are in the 21st century.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 87/23
    Given: 46/17

Ugh... I read one of those threads and some Nebby fan was already talking about the speed they bring to the conference and how all of us will adjust to them? LMAO ...I was at Jack Trice for the game last year and that was pretty much a high school football game when it comes to execution and game speed.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    You have to understand, Nebraska thinks of themeselves as a "Nationally Significant Historical Big Name Program," and therefore they can only perceive losing to other 'Nationally Significant Big Name Programs", no matter how sucky either of them really are in the 21st century.
    That is exactly right.
    On a side note to all this hate fest of a post we are about to embark on. I have a serious question. If they are keeping everything hush hush over there and "having a new O" and making adjustments on D, is there more pressure on Wisky to win at home coming off a good year, but possibly dealing with "an unusual O and D"? OR is there more pressure on us to whoop up on them, after they survived the season and they have pretty much spent all their "schemes", but they are at home??
    I expect them to lose both games, but I have a feeling they may have more fight in them when they meet Wisky.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Remember Nebraska fans haven't seen PSU play much either, they are probably going on name recognition. Iowa has whipped PSU on the lines the last two years and with what is returning I see no reason for that battle to change this year either.

Thumbs Up/Down

Penn State has had issues with their OL for the last two years as well as their QB position. Didn't Joe Pa start a freshman QB last year? And then after the spring game this year they still didn't have a sure starter at QB.
    I get were playing in Happy Valley gives PSU an FG or TD edge, but most of the Huskers have Nebraska losing to PSU. A lot of Husker fans have Nebraska beating Wisconsin, MSU, Michigan and Iowa.
    Its probably just a lack of B10 knowledge on their part.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    That is exactly right.
    On a side note to all this hate fest of a post we are about to embark on. I have a serious question. If they are keeping everything hush hush over there and "having a new O" and making adjustments on D, is there more pressure on Wisky to win at home coming off a good year, but possibly dealing with "an unusual O and D"? OR is there more pressure on us to whoop up on them, after they survived the season and they have pretty much spent all their "schemes", but they are at home??
    I expect them to lose both games, but I have a feeling they may have more fight in them when they meet Wisky.
    I look at Nebraska as being a team with a lot of potential on par with the upper B10 teams but they also have some gaps. If they show up to their B10 opener with a whole new scheme it may end up costing them. A special scheme offense and cold weather may not be a good mix. Any way the Big Ten will have a few games to watch their new O and tweaked D.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    Here is some reading to do. Remember guys, be nice.

How many wins, leaves us happy

The 11 new opponents so we won't win it all argument

So do you think they will be "happy".
    If you want a "better" board to go to concerning Nebraska football, I recommend HuskerBoard.com - Husker Message Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast