Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    H8IAST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/1
    Given: 18/4

    Monte Ball

    He can tie or break the FBS single season rushing TD record set by Barry Sanders, and he isnt even in the Heisman talk.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Hawkfan3318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    268
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    He has less carries, more yards, 11 more total TD's than Trent Richardson...seems odd to me as well.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    VintageHawkeye
    Guest

    Re: Monte Ball

    Only SEC players deserve the Heisman. Because every one of them is far superior to any other player from any other conference.
    Heck, the third string left guard at Alabama is better than the entire B1G combined.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,153
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    They talked about him and the heisman during the SEC champ game.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    H8IAST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/1
    Given: 18/4

    Re: Monte Ball

    He is 6th on ESPN. If he was in the SEC he would be 1st.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    twinhawkfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    926
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    pretty sad. he deserves an invite, if not the trophy. dude runs hard. he's impressive, but man i hate wisky.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice." Judge Schmails

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    State Center via M'town
    Posts
    2,496
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    Only because Sanders 5 TDs in his bowl game doesn't count and he didn't have a conference championship game to pad his stats.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    H8IAST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/1
    Given: 18/4

    Re: Monte Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by pumpdog20 View Post
    Only because Sanders 5 TDs in his bowl game doesn't count and he didn't have a conference championship game to pad his stats.
    Blah blah blah. They also played less games back in the day, whats your point? Monte Ball deserves to be in NYC
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    State Center via M'town
    Posts
    2,496
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by H8IAST8 View Post
    Blah blah blah. They also played less games back in the day, whats your point? Monte Ball deserves to be in NYC
    How about the fact that he might break the record, that's all I was commenting on. I could care less that he's not going to New York for the Heisman. He has no chance at winning it, do they give away trophies just because you made the trip.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    H8IAST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/1
    Given: 18/4

    Re: Monte Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by pumpdog20 View Post
    How about the fact that he might break the record, that's all I was commenting on. I could care less that he's not going to New York for the Heisman. He has no chance at winning it, do they give away trophies just because you made the trip.
    Are we basing records on avg/game? All records in every sport is based on the season, and most sports play more games then they played 25 years ago
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    State Center via M'town
    Posts
    2,496
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by H8IAST8 View Post
    Are we basing records on avg/game? All records in every sport is based on the season, and most sports play more games then they played 25 years ago
    Just pointing the fact that Sanders' year was incredible. You can go back to your Monte Ball love now.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    sportstalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,868
    Blog Entries
    13
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/4
    Given: 4/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    He isn't talked about much because the player for Wisky that everyone focused on was Wilson...that is the problem. Also, his team is not an elite team and has two losses.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Persia
    Posts
    2,197
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 141/19
    Given: 41/13

    Re: Monte Ball

    It has to be ESPN's fault.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,573
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    he looks to be a good NFL prospect
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    37
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Monte Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by H8IAST8 View Post
    He can tie or break the FBS single season rushing TD record set by Barry Sanders, and he isnt even in the Heisman talk.
    I have lost faith in the Heisman voting ever since Gino Torretta & Andre Ware won the Heisman during same time period I believe Marshall Faulk was playing for SD St
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in