Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Uthoff Refutes Most of Bo Ryan's Claims

Uthoff: 'I wanted to do this in person'

I Tweeted this story yesterday, didn't know if it had been posted on here and am too lazy to look because it's Sunday and I'm lazy on most days that end in "y".
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

BREWMANIACS.COM - Enthusiastically Obsessed with Beer.

I don't have PMs turned on at this time, please e-mail me: [storminspank at gmail].

Thumbs Up/Down

Re: Uthoff Refutes Most of Bo Ryan's Claims

This has been quite a saga and after each turn Bo Ryan looks worse and worse. And I love it.

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

I think Uthoff is willing to give up his phone records.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/6

Wow, this thing just seems to keep picking up steam. So intriguing. Anyone think he will appeal the Big Ten restrictions?? Or let this thing die?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 10/0

Quote Originally Posted by deezhawknuts View Post
    Wow, this thing just seems to keep picking up steam. So intriguing. Anyone think he will appeal the Big Ten restrictions?? Or let this thing die?
    I think he just wants to move on but felt the need to defend his honor...my guess is he lets it die from here on out and he'll play for Iowa State or Creighton after he sits out his transfer year.
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody...and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear...~Norm Peterson

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 247/14
    Given: 247/9

Really makes Bo seem like a worm.....

Appears that his credibility drops a little more each day.....

One of the best things to happen to Iowa recruiting since getting Mike Gesell and Adam Woodbury.....

Roy and Bo won't have such easy picking from now on.....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 47/1
    Given: 48/2

Bo Ryan, shady, shady, shady.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeShane View Post
    I think he just wants to move on but felt the need to defend his honor...my guess is he lets it die from here on out and he'll play for Iowa State or Creighton after he sits out his transfer year.
    I could see him going to Iowa State, maybe Creighton. Not certain how much he would want to be a Hawk. Being from CR you would think he would be as much of a Hawk fan as someone from Sioux City. However high school basketball players from Linn Marr don't seem to have any feeling for the Hawks.....

With only two scholarships left this year and next, I am not sure who Fran has in mind.....

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by SamsonHawk515 View Post
    Bo Ryan, shady, shady, shady.
    He not even The Slim Shady.....

Sorta Sleezy Shady.....

Thumbs Up/Down

Re:Uthoff Refutes Most of Bo Ryan's Claims

The more I think about it the less sorry I feel for uthoff. He chose to go play lickball north. Wisconsin hasn't changed coaches or style of play- they are the same team that recruited him. Why not go to an Iowa team that plays wide open, I bet he wouldn't of had to red shirt at iowa, and probably would of gotten good minutes. But instead he CHOSE to go to Wisconsin and it cost him a year of eligibility. Should be a lesson to recruits to chose wisely

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 98/13
    Given: 47/3

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeGold View Post
    The more I think about it the less sorry I feel for uthoff. He chose to go play lickball north. Wisconsin hasn't changed coaches or style of play- they are the same team that recruited him. Why not go to an Iowa team that plays wide open, I bet he wouldn't of had to red shirt at iowa, and probably would of gotten good minutes. But instead he CHOSE to go to Wisconsin and it cost him a year of eligibility. Should be a lesson to recruits to chose wisely
    I think he couldn't fully realize what he was getting into. You don't REALLY know how you're going to fit in until you get there. Things didn't work out the way he'd hoped.

As for not feeling sorry for him: I take that approach when considering his 1-year wait to play. That's the penalty for having chosen poorly. What Bo was doing was absolute overkill.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Thumbs Up/Down

There is that to a degree, but also the Hawks just had three years of Lick and were in terrible shape. Not really surprising that the HS Player of the Year would want to go to an established program, and not take a chance with another new coach.....

That is why Josh Oglesby's commit was so important, he broke the trend of elite players leaving the state. His decision also helped Mike G and Adam decide to become Hawks.....

Thumbs Up/Down

I think it comes down more on how they wanted to use him at the 4 spot, not necessarily the style (although I'm sure that is an issue as well)

BREWMANIACS.COM - Enthusiastically Obsessed with Beer.

I don't have PMs turned on at this time, please e-mail me: [storminspank at gmail].

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 47/1
    Given: 48/2

The reason BoBo Ryan was on vacation and couldnt make it back to meet with Uthoff.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 66/5
    Given: 49/1

Quote Originally Posted by jacknicholson View Post
    There is that to a degree, but also the Hawks just had three years of Lick and were in terrible shape. Not really surprising that the HS Player of the Year would want to go to an established program, and not take a chance with another new coach.....

That is why Josh Oglesby's commit was so important, he broke the trend of elite players leaving the state. His decision also helped Mike G and Adam decide to become Hawks.....

I agree with alot of what you wrote other than you using Oglesby and the word Elite to possibly describe him in HS. He was pretty good. But he was not on the level of any of the KS or NC kids that got away let alone the Dean Olivers, Jeff Horners Ricky Davis Glen Worleys of the state do I need to go on. I could be wrong but I don't think his suiters for college were too vast. (I know Worley didn't have a great career but coming out of HS he was a 4 star big get.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast