Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Wrestling: Iowa Conference to scrap league tournament, participate in Division III qu

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 74/7
    Given: 20/1

Re: Wrestling: Iowa Conference to scrap league tournament, participate in Division II

Admittedly, I don't know that much about wrestling, but why will this new regional qualifying tournament be much different than the Iowa Conference meet? Won't it be essentially the same, just with a couple of extra teams?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0

Re: Wrestling: Iowa Conference to scrap league tournament, participate in Division II

I am a casual wrestling fans, but this sucks. I enjoyed watching the conference meet.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 90/10
    Given: 136/3

Quote Originally Posted by thejumper5 View Post
    Admittedly, I don't know that much about wrestling, but why will this new regional qualifying tournament be much different than the Iowa Conference meet? Won't it be essentially the same, just with a couple of extra teams?
    Winning an Iowa Conference championship is a big deal. It's like winning a B1G championship at the D3 level. Yes, an NCAA championship is better, but it's a feather in your cap to win a conference title too.

Also, I think it's a big deal for the IIAC in general as this was a high profile event for the league. It was televised on IPTV and brought some news attention to the D3 schools in our state.
    "And Iowa goes for it on third down." - Beth Mowins, 10/18/2014