Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,970
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 258/69
    Given: 107/9

    Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    I watched last 6 holes and 1 extra hole.

    Weaver lost it on extra hole but his putt to win it on the 36th was rolling dead in the center, it a spike mark or something, and veered to the left edge of cup and rimmed out. Weaver and his caddie father were just starting to jump for joy.

    The winner, Fox was 2 down with 2 to go and ties it up then fox wins it with great slick downhill breaker birdie putt on the first extra hole, the famous Arnold Palmer drive to the green hole.

    Weaver was crushed. Wow, one little bump in the green that he probably didnt even see.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux City, IA
    Posts
    4,460
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by uihawk82 View Post
    I watched last 6 holes and 1 extra hole.

    Weaver lost it on extra hole but his putt to win it on the 36th was rolling dead in the center, it a spike mark or something, and veered to the left edge of cup and rimmed out. Weaver and his caddie father were just starting to jump for joy.

    The winner, Fox was 2 down with 2 to go and ties it up then fox wins it with great slick downhill breaker birdie putt on the first extra hole, the famous Arnold Palmer drive to the green hole.

    Weaver was crushed. Wow, one little bump in the green that he probably didnt even see.
    can't fix it though per amateur rules IIRC.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wandering around like a maroon.
    Posts
    9,852
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by big10fan View Post
    can't fix it though per amateur rules IIRC.
    Depends. Spike mark, no. Ball mark, yes. Very subjective.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,970
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 258/69
    Given: 107/9

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by big10fan View Post
    can't fix it though per amateur rules IIRC.
    I am not sure what it was. I was not noticeable on TV, just bad luck.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    Depends. Spike mark, no. Ball mark, yes. Very subjective.
    Didn't you claim to be in Cherry Hills for this tourney, or am I confusing you with another pathological liar?
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    AHawk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brown's Cafe
    Posts
    3,531
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 34/0
    Given: 97/1

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    I missed it, but read a tweet that he took a little aggression out on his golf bag at the end.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    And greed has led to the creation of damn near every invention and innovation in your mom's basement if you look around after reading this post. OK4P 11/21/2011

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,970
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 258/69
    Given: 107/9

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by AHawk1 View Post
    I missed it, but read a tweet that he took a little aggression out on his golf bag at the end.
    Oh yeah, after weaver shook hands with everyone on the green he walked over to his bag and of course the camera was on him as he tried to slice the bag in two with his putter.

    He was in shock.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wandering around like a maroon.
    Posts
    9,852
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    Didn't you claim to be in Cherry Hills for this tourney, or am I confusing you with another pathological liar?
    I WAS in Cherry Hills for this tourney, but am not any more. Would be boring with just 1 group out there. Monday there were 150 players and about 100 spectators. Beer lines were uber short.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wandering around like a maroon.
    Posts
    9,852
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by uihawk82 View Post
    I am not sure what it was. I was not noticeable on TV, just bad luck.
    Those kids weren't wearing metals spikes, but who knows. Like you said, it wasn't noticeable, but it definitely made him miss the putt.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    I WAS in Cherry Hills for this tourney, but am not any more. Would be boring with just 1 group out there. Monday there were 150 players and about 100 spectators. Beer lines were uber short.

    pic of ticket stub with linkage to you (copy of denver newspaper showing today's date in pic) or I call BS.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wandering around like a maroon.
    Posts
    9,852
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    pic of ticket stub with linkage to you (copy of denver newspaper showing today's date in pic) or I call BS.
    Just give me your phone number and I'll text a pic of my wife holding the ticket.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    Just give me your phone number and I'll text a pic of my wife holding the ticket.

    if she's nekkid in teh picture, I will post my celly and my personal email up in here
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wandering around like a maroon.
    Posts
    9,852
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    if she's nekkid in teh picture, I will post my celly and my personal email up in here
    Well it's a lanyard ticket, so it may cover up a little bit.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    Well it's a lanyard ticket, so it may cover up a little bit.
    as long as I can fap to it, I don't care
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wandering around like a maroon.
    Posts
    9,852
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Golf is a cruel game - US Amateur or the pros

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in