Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Devon Archie Injured (Collarbone)

I was told this morning that Archie had a broken collarbone, hawkeyesports.com has now confirmed a shoulder injury to Devon. So whether or not it's a collarbone or a shoulder, Devon is out for a while.

Likely to miss a month or two, should be back for the Big Ten season, though.
    Last edited by storminspank; 10-19-2009 at 02:51 PM.

BREWMANIACS.COM - Enthusiastically Obsessed with Beer.

I don't have PMs turned on at this time, please e-mail me: [storminspank at gmail].

Sophomore

Re: Devon Archie Injured (Collarbone)

Wow, that really sucks. I was looking forward to seeing him get some action in the non-conference schedule. He sounds like he's a great athlete. Looks like he's going to get thrown right into the fire coming back during the Big Ten Season though.

Maybe he hit it on the rim

Quote Originally Posted by SayHawkKid View Post
    No doubt. Archie has mad ups.
    Sad news, he's going to have to play catch-up when he is physically ready to play again. Not the easiest in this type of system either.

I don't have PMs turned on at this time, please e-mail me: [storminspank at gmail].

So unfortunate that it has too happen all ready! I am still really looking forward to a productive season and then the 2010-2011 season will be something to get this program rolling again!

Wish you would have been able to break it this morning Spank! Would have loved to see the news broken on a new site!

Quote Originally Posted by SayHawkKid View Post
    LOL that would be awesome!

I was looking forward to seeing Archie play early on to see what he would bring to the table....I guess we will have to wait. I feel bad for him, I wish him good luck and a quick recovery.

They are gonna have to redshirt him aren't they?

Nope, not unless the injury is worse than they think, but they said 4-7 weeks, but usually it is 6-8 weeks, or if it is severe, it is 3-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    They are gonna have to redshirt him aren't they?
    I don't think they have to. The issue is big bodies. If Iowa goes into the Big Ten season with a decent record in tow, I don't think they can go the full distance with just Brommer, Cougill, and Cole at the 4/5. They'll need bodies. Sort of why Brommer didn't redshirt last year when he should have.

We'll see though. The lingering effect of missing Archie is his inside presence on the D end. He can really get up there and would be a primary shot blocker when in the game.

Bad news. I hope this is the end of the bad news for the team this season because this team is already thin. I have high hopes for this team to makes strides this season and every set back is criticle. I hope Devon's recovery is quick and he gets back soon.

I think these guys are going to fight hard this year. But I think they are going to struggle. The good news is that football is riding high...and people will be focused on that through December. That's not a shot...this program is rebuilding, and needs another year before the new class gets in, and that won't be smooth sailing right away either...but exciting.

If Archie is out 4 weeks rather than 7 weeks then he might still be able to compete this year. But if he misses 8 weeks it's hard to see how he could contribute very much as a new guy. Hope he is a fast healer!

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries

Stormin' saw a couple posts about Archie being are best post defender. Is that just because he can block shots? I can't imagine he is strong enough to bang with anyone, or is he also good at denying the post feed?

I was looking forward to what he could provide on defense. I hope that is the only injury of the pre-season!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast