Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    They had a similar stretch from the Alamo win in 2001 through the ASU win in 2004 then lost to MSU.

    Iowa also went 17-2 during a span 1984-1986...the last two games of 1984 were wins, then 10-2 in 1985 then they won their first five in 1986.

    If Iowa beats Arizona, they would have won 18 of their last 20 games, something that has not been done, by my statistical reckoning here, since their school record 20 game winning streak between the last two games of the 1920 season, the undefeated 21 & 22 seasons, and the first 3 games of the 1923 season

  2. #2

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    They had a similar stretch from the Alamo win in 2001 through the ASU win in 2004 then lost to MSU.

    Iowa also went 17-2 during a span 1984-1986...the last two games of 1984 were wins, then 10-2 in 1985 then they won their first five in 1986.

    If Iowa beats Arizona, they would have won 18 of their last 20 games, something that has not been done, by my statistical reckoning here, since their school record 20 game winning streak between the last two games of the 1920 season, the undefeated 21 & 22 seasons, and the first 3 games of the 1923 season
    17 wins that includes:

    -2 wins over top 5 teams
    -2 bowl wins (including an BCS bowl victory)
    -4 wins over teams that finished the season ranked.

    Not many programs can compare to this. What a great day to be a Hawkeye!

  3. #3

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    They had a similar stretch from the Alamo win in 2001 through the ASU win in 2004 then lost to MSU.

    Iowa also went 17-2 during a span 1984-1986...the last two games of 1984 were wins, then 10-2 in 1985 then they won their first five in 1986.

    If Iowa beats Arizona, they would have won 18 of their last 20 games, something that has not been done, by my statistical reckoning here, since their school record 20 game winning streak between the last two games of the 1920 season, the undefeated 21 & 22 seasons, and the first 3 games of the 1923 season
    *2003.

  4. #4

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    They had a similar stretch from the Alamo win in 2001 through the ASU win in 2004 then lost to MSU.

    Iowa also went 17-2 during a span 1984-1986...the last two games of 1984 were wins, then 10-2 in 1985 then they won their first five in 1986.

    If Iowa beats Arizona, they would have won 18 of their last 20 games, something that has not been done, by my statistical reckoning here, since their school record 20 game winning streak between the last two games of the 1920 season, the undefeated 21 & 22 seasons, and the first 3 games of the 1923 season
    Which begs the question: Who's the better coach? Ferentz or Fry?

  5. #5

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy86 View Post
    Which begs the question: Who's the better coach? Ferentz or Fry?
    Ditka.

  6. #6

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Originally Posted by Jonesy86
    Which begs the question: Who's the better coach? Ferentz or Fry?

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkKing81 View Post
    Ditka.
    That reminds of the SNL skit

    Who would win between a Hurricane and Ditka....Ditka. That is unless the Hurricane was named Ditka.

  7. #7

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Those two losses were without Stanzi other than the first quarter of Northwestern where we were up 10-7.

  8. #8

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Iowa's record in that stretch in games that Ricky started and finished?

    16-0....perfecto,folks.

    Think about it gang, Iowa has a 16 game winning streak going in games that Ricky started and finished...and he could stretch that to a 27-0 streak hopefully...clearly making him the greatest QB leader in Iowa history?...too early to project that,but even if we lose a game or two this year, Ricky is in the top 5 with Ploen,Duncan,Long, and Banks?...no offense to QB's prior to 1956.

  9. #9

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    Quote Originally Posted by JHHawk View Post
    ...Ricky is in the top 5 with Ploen,Duncan,Long, and Banks?...no offense to QB's prior to 1956.
    WTF, no Sherman on that list?! ;p

    "To be a tough, rugged boy is every ladís ambition. But to be a gentleman, to be kindly, charitable, thoughtful as well as tough and rugged is much more to be desired. And he who can be both is much the better man and usually much tougher in the long run."


    ó Nile Kinnick



  10. #10

    Re: Iowa is 17-2 in last 19....

    WTF, no Sherman on that list?! ;p
    __________________

    This made my morning... thanks for the laugh

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •