Dealing with no-show students

Here's one approach:

"In response to last season’s noticeable number of empty seats in the student sections at Sanford Stadium, the board approved a new system of dealing with the 18,000 seats that go to students for each football game. If students with tickets don’t attend a game or designate their seats for use by another student or for sale to the general public, they’ll receive a “strike.” Three strikes in a season will make a student ineligible for tickets to a bowl game and the following season’s games. The plan was supported by student leaders."

No change for Georgia-Florida ticket prices; big change for Sanford Stadium video board | UGA sports blog

Blog Entries

Re: Dealing with no-show students

I actually really like that idea. I've only skipped one game in my time here at the U of I (ISU '08), and I sold that ticket to a friend. It'd be nice if we could do that for basketball, but I don't think enough student would be concerned about having to do without the "privilege" of getting basketball tickets (I'm not saying I think it's a waste, but a lot of students would right now).
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

During my time there I didn't care about basketball tickets....I could scalp them outside for 10 bucks or less anyways.

I think we should go one step further. Expel those traitors who would waste perfectly good tickets. No appeals, nothing. Just a letter telling them to get their stuff and get out of Iowa City, and that they're banned from ever stepping foot on campus again, under penalty of death.

How bout make it easier to get rid of student tickets, ie - no id being needed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattman View Post
    How bout make it easier to get rid of student tickets, ie - no id being needed.
    That's never going to happen. Otherwise people would buy student tickets that sell at a lower value. If student tickets could be used by anyone, they'd jack up the price a lot, if not to the full value of regular season tickets.

Honestly, ID's should be required. Now, I've let a friend (doesn't attend the U of I) borrow my ID to get in, with the explicit instructions to run if they examine it closely. And that works fine.

It's pretty easy to get rid of tickets, IMO. I always had a harder time FINDING tickets for a friend. There's almost always going to be somebody who will unload those seats for you.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

I've felt the same way for years. With electronic ticket-taking this is a no-brainer. If your season ticket goes unused for 3 of the 7 home games...you get bumped down in priority next year. You can still buy tickets, but the priority you get, is the priority you show.

I'm 300 miles from IC, but I make damn sure my seats are used if I can't make the trip for a game. It's not that difficult.