View Poll Results: Midnight Madness for Iowa?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

36 70.59%
  • NO

15 29.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should Iowa have a Midnight Madness?

Deck out Carver, get the students, fans, and media there, etc...

BREWMANIACS.COM - Enthusiastically Obsessed with Beer.

I don't have PMs turned on at this time, please e-mail me: [storminspank at gmail].

Re: Should Iowa have a Midnight Madness?

I am for anything that will get the fans back behind this program, we have the coach and are starting to bring in the guys he needs to win. So lets do MM and gear it to the students haveing a good time

Well, when your fans run off a coach who was 152-106 and a legend at coaching in March when it really mattered (look at the B10 Tourney record) and replace him with a guy who is 28-35 with some really ugly losses, the fans disappearing is to be expected. If we can bring back Steve, I think we can turn it around, but with Lickliter there, no marketing gimmicks will bring people back. The program is toast.

NO - not until this team is worthy of such adulation........and frankly - IMO, it won't happen with Todd Lickliter as coach.

I would love it, but no one cares! I know it sucks
    "If you dont love it leave it,USA#1"

Blog Entries

I voted yes, and Lasbur already stated my reasoning. Anything that gets the fans behind the program is a good thing.

However, I'm a little hesitant because I think the fans need to have something they can believe in, and jmark hit it on the head. If you don't feel Lickliter is the answer, then no number of Midnight Madness shenanigans is going to convince you to get behind something you don't believe in.

Voted No. This is just not necessary and would most likely be more bad publicity than good publicity (due to low attendace). The program has a hard enough time getting people to come to weekend big-ten conference games, much less a basketball inter-squad scrimmage during an undefeated football season. They tried this once or twice during the SA era and it was marginally successful imo. So...let's just let the team have a meaningful practice instead of some lame 3-point and slam-dunk contest for fans that are currently not interested. Fans will get more interested after they have a winning season, so lets let the team concentrate all their energy on that for the time being.

Go Hawks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jchromes View Post
    So...let's just let the team have a meaningful practice instead of some lame 3-point and slam-dunk contest for fans that are currently not interested.

We have guys that can dunk?

I kid, I kid...

Quote Originally Posted by LASBUR View Post
    I am for anything that will get the fans back behind this program, we have the coach and are starting to bring in the guys he needs to win. So lets do MM and gear it to the students haveing a good time

Completely agree, need to raise the excitment level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize1 View Post
    Completely agree, need to raise the excitment level.

Start winning consistently and re-build the Program to where it was 2002 or Tom Davis-era.......and then you will raise the excitement for Iowa Basketball!!!

I think they should try it again next year. With the frosh class next year, and returning vets, there could be some buzz. Market it right, have giveaways, put naked cheerleaders out there(kidding) and glean the funnest stuff from other midnite madness events from around the country and make it an event....what ya got to lose?

Freshman

It all starts with facilities. You can bring any coach to Iowa (and we have a great one in Lick), but until we can compete with other schools in facilities, we will not improve and bring in above average recruits. There is renovation going on to Carver that will add a practice facility and offices, but will this be enough? I don't think it is and only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan2679 View Post
    We have guys that can dunk?

I kid, I kid...

I was thinking the same thing. This must be one of the most unathletic Iowa teams in a long time.

Junior

Absolutely yes.

How about "10 o'clock frustration", or "1 AM self-doubt?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast