Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1

    Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC


  2. #2

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    WOW!!

  3. #3

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    Rick Parry?

  4. #4
    ShadasRevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    7,376

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    I'd be willing to be that Perry knows more than he is letting on. Someone who is running for president isn't just to comment out of his ***.
    "Shada is 100% correct." tm3308, November 22, 2010

  5. #5

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC


  6. #6

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    I would love for this to happen. My wife is an A&M alum. We live in Nashville. I would love the opportunity to watch A&M play hoops and football not only in town but within a reasonable driving distance.

    I was truly hoping that Vandy would leave the SEC and head to the Big10 for the same reasons as above but for Iowa.
    ___________________________



    ​​Q. *Do you ever worry about officials holding that against you?
    ​COACH McCAFFERY: *The good ones don't.
    1-12-12

  7. #7

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    I know there is a lot of rumor and innuendo going on over this whole situation but the smoke out of College Station is billowing pretty hard. I am wondering if A&M is getting to the point of no return. Sooner or later they are going to **** the Big 12 off enough that they aren't going to want them. For A&M it's getting "**** or get off the pot" time.
    If you lived in Ames for four years you would hate the **** out of ISU too.






  8. #8

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadasRevenge View Post
    I'd be willing to be that Perry knows more than he is letting on. Someone who is running for president isn't just to comment out of his ***.
    You mean like wanting to secede from the Union?

  9. #9
    theboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    #1 Smug Fatboy
    Posts
    17,833

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadasRevenge View Post
    I'd be willing to be that Perry knows more than he is letting on. Someone who is running for president isn't just to comment out of his ***.
    This was my first reaction, that this is the type of thing that gets thrown out by a guy like him only after the deal is already set. But then reading his comments it sounds like he was specifically asked and said he has heard the reports that we have heard. Who knows.

  10. #10
    ShadasRevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    7,376

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by H8IAST8 View Post
    You mean like wanting to secede from the Union?
    Hell, he might be serious about that. But I'm speaking about this specifically.
    "Shada is 100% correct." tm3308, November 22, 2010

  11. #11
    ShadasRevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    7,376

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by theboat View Post
    This was my first reaction, that this is the type of thing that gets thrown out by a guy like him only after the deal is already set. But then reading his comments it sounds like he was specifically asked and said he has heard the reports that we have heard. Who knows.
    I'd be willing to be he knows more than he's telling the press.
    "Shada is 100% correct." tm3308, November 22, 2010

  12. #12

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    I know there are many ISU fans that are brushing this issue off, I am not one of them. This is a very fluid situation, and one that does not guarantee any certainty that ISU lands in a better or equal position than they are at now. If this scenario happens and the Big 12 implodes I only hope the Big East rumors from last year were true and still viable or that a group of the leftovers join the MWC and it gets an auto qualifier into the BCS.

  13. #13

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnycydup View Post
    I know there are many ISU fans that are brushing this issue off, I am not one of them. This is a very fluid situation, and one that does not guarantee any certainty that ISU lands in a better or equal position than they are at now. If this scenario happens and the Big 12 implodes I only hope the Big East rumors from last year were true and still viable or that a group of the leftovers join the MWC and it gets an auto qualifier into the BCS.
    With all due respect, if there is no Texas, A&M or Sooners, the MWC is not getting an auto bid with the Big 12 remnants. Especially with the departure of BYU, Utah and TCU.

  14. #14

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by H8IAST8 View Post
    With all due respect, if there is no Texas, A&M or Sooners, the MWC is not getting an auto bid with the Big 12 remnants. Especially with the departure of BYU, Utah and TCU.
    You are probably right however if the Big 12 goes away this leaves five AQ conferences instead of six. Sure, the BCS could function just fine with five AQ conferences, but I would suspect the BCS would like to replace the Big 12 and if so, the MWC with some of the big 12 remnants would be the logical choice, especially depending on which Big 12ers make the jump.

  15. #15

    Re: Texas Governor confirms A&M considering SEC

    What I keep hearing ISU fans say that the SEC doesn't want A&M and that the aggies are just babies. If this goes down and the Big 12 does collapse we will see who is whining then.

    I actually hope ISU lands in the Big East. I believe they can compete very well in that conference. They could probably win that conference in football once in awhile.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in