Page 1 of 2 12 Last

OT board no longer accessible through Android app

I'm assuming this is another unintended side effect of making it opt in. Also the politics board has never been accessible from the app.

Re: OT board no longer accessible through Android app

we are working on it, as stated in a separate post.

I prefer it that way; my phone isn't littered with the vintagehawkeye retiring garbage and such...
    This space for rent.

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobKong View Post
    I prefer it that way; my phone isn't littered with the vintagehawkeye retiring garbage and such...
    Then don't subscribe to the political board, genius.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Tmoney12 View Post
    The OT board was taken over by this, which was the tipping point for me to make this change, which I had been contemplating for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    The OT board was taken over by this, which was the tipping point for me to make this change, which I had been contemplating for some time.
    How do I get access to the political and off topic board
    James Morris is AWFUL at MLB
    LukeinBemidji
    Today 11:49 AM

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    I don't blame ya Jon.

I don't blame ya Jon.
    It's definitely better now, but it would have been nice to just ban the offending poster(s) and actually have a functional, constructive off-topic board for people to use, rather that just stuffing the whole mess in a closet.

I would have voted for better moderation, but I can understand that Jon doesn't want to spend all his time doing that, though it would be nice to recruit some volunteers.

Would've been nice to keep the board for a place to try and hash out things like car trouble, product reviews, household chore/DIY solutions, etc, instead of inmates running the asylum feel.

But this is definitely better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy85 View Post
    It's definitely better now, but it would have been nice to just ban the offending poster(s) and actually have a functional, constructive off-topic board for people to use, rather that just stuffing the whole mess in a closet.

I would have voted for better moderation, but I can understand that Jon doesn't want to spend all his time doing that, though it would be nice to recruit some volunteers.

Would've been nice to keep the board for a place to try and hash out things like car trouble, product reviews, household chore/DIY solutions, etc, instead of inmates running the asylum feel.

Everything can be exactly as it was for any user that wants to opt in to the board...and we'll get the app part of it addressed too.

This isn't that big of a change...those who still want it the way they had it (via computer browsing) can do so in about 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy85 View Post

I'll be happy to volunteer. Where do I sign up.

How do we get access to the OT board?
    Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys, UNI Panthers, That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan12 View Post
    How do we get access to the OT board?
    Great question superfan! Apparently no one wants to tell us THAT...it's BS anyway...people didn't like the OT board so we're hiding it? Makes no sense...
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody...and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear...~Norm Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeShane View Post
    Great question superfan! Apparently no one wants to tell us THAT...it's BS anyway...people didn't like the OT board so we're hiding it? Makes no sense...
    I agree with you Shane. It's crazy, but if I start reading a post and realize I don't like what they're saying, I stop reading and pick another one. And if I see a post by certain posters that I dont care for, well, I just don't read them. So if you saw a post with "Vintage" in the title and didnt want to read, no one made you. Pretty easy but maybe there are people that can't do that? Don't get it at all.
    2013 Female HN Poster of the Year

"If we make a bowl game I will personally take Minnesota Hawkeye Freak out for a nice steak dinner, and then never call her again." Stanzi 4-8-2013...Still waiting Stanzi...

Is the OT board some sort of restricted club access or something? I don't have access to it so was curious. Is it some sort of big secret why we can't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by denverhawkfan View Post
    Is the OT board some sort of restricted club access or something? I don't have access to it so was curious. Is it some sort of big secret why we can't see it?
    We have to "opt in" to see it. But no one has told us how to "opt in"
    Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys, UNI Panthers, That's it.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last