Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Dan Bernstein on Penn State apologists

Re: Dan Bernstein on Penn State apologists

I was a huge Joe paterno and Penn State fan. In fact, I thought they were the model for college football.

Man, I was 100% WRONG. How could I have been so dumb.

I was completely fooled and I admit it.

Banned
    riding down Niagara Falls in the barrels of your skull
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenChildren View Post
    I was a huge Joe paterno and Penn State fan. In fact, I thought they were the model for college football.

Man, I was 100% WRONG. How could I have been so dumb.

I was completely fooled and I admit it.
    Same here, I bought into the line about JoePa and Penn State winning the right way. I had the utmost respect for the man and the institution and now I feel duped. He didn't want to win the right way, he wanted to win at all costs.

Sophomore

I love Bernsie!!!!

Graduate

What happened to penn state did I miss something?

Bernsie is a complete jerk. He is like a vulture, profiting from the misfortune of these young boys. He is milking this scandal week after week, making outrageous comments,simply to draw attention to himself and his program. Outrage sells,and hence his shock jock routine. He call all Iowans and downstate illinois people nothing but crackers on a regular basis. He calls anyone who disagrees with him stupid meatballs...it is his schtick.

Sophomore

He's also a genius. Literally.

I could care less if he hates Iowa. I know when I tune in to the Boers and Bernstein show I will have the best laughs I'll have all day and get their uncensored opinions.

And I happen to love when they take dumb callers to task.

If you want fluff, listen to Mike and Mike and all of the ESPN radio crap.

It is what it is for now. In 5 and 10 years people will again have their opinions and little will matter. Joe Pa is a sad old man right now and IMO he would rather give up and will himself to his cancer and try and salvage any hope of a + legacy. These letters just make people more irate and sad regarding the facade Penn State tried to create for itself. Joe Paterno is at the top of the list. He could have done something about this when he first had knowledge of it but chose to sweep it under the rug, refusing to take into consideration the physical and emotional torture those young boys had to endure and now live with for the rest of their lives.
    -If these former players want to remotely do anything for Joe Paterno they should take some accountability, like JP should have done and say some prayers for those boys, now young men and start up a fund that will pay their psychiatric bills the rest of their lives.

I was a huge psu fan after.the hawks...now I realize Psu is 1000000000x worse than ny SEC school

I agree, Dan is a smart cookie...and as for continuing to bring this story up over and over...when there are new things that come up with a story, its cause to bring it up again...and this PSU letter is certainly cause to do that.

You can also beat a topic into the ground (I speak from personal experience so its a balance.

I don't know. Paterno did do a lot of good ... is there any real evidence to deny that fact? I also acknowledge he is human and make a horrible mistake. Right now in the throes of the emotions associated with this tragedy he is paying a substantial price.

The question I have is do you judge a man's entire existence on one decision?

I hope not.

As I do think he is a good man and not a monster as described. History will tell the final tale and I think it will acknowledge his accomplishments and positive impacts along with this Greek tragedy ending.
    When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/im...1027145155.jpg

Somebody had to say it. Yes you can have done so much good in your life and one thing erases it all. If you sit here today and say JoePa is a great man you are deceiving yourself. Even if he changed your life personally. He allowed a rapist to do his bidding right in front of him.

If you think JoePa made one decision you are not seeing the situation clearly. He made a decision EVERYDAY not to deal with Sandusky. He knew what was going on everyday and didn't stop him.
    Last edited by imported_UHawk; 12-22-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    I agree, Dan is a smart cookie...and as for continuing to bring this story up over and over...when there are new things that come up with a story, its cause to bring it up again...and this PSU letter is certainly cause to do that.

You can also beat a topic into the ground (I speak from personal experience so its a balance.
    He's a smart guy and can be an entertaining guy, but he's not a nice guy. He constantly talks down to his callers (aka his consumers or customers) and even to guests on his show. He doesn't like college football and/or the fans of college football, so of course he's going to jump all over the Penn State situation.

When it comes to the Penn State stuff, I pretty much do agree with him though. It's the worst scandal we've ever seen in college athletics. People should continue to talk about it, Penn State should feel this for years because that's how bad it is.

The comments on that article are just mind blowing. People will do or say whatever to take the heat off of Joe. From "He wasn't in charge, he has no pull at the school", to "He told his superiors, what else does he need to do?" Or how the university has raised 500k for the victims....too little too late IMO. Joe or anyone on that staff could have stopped Sandusky the first time and limited the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by JHHawk View Post
    Sandusky is a complete monster. He is like a vulture, profiting from the misfortune of these young boys.
    Fixed, in case some folks have lost sight of reality...
    **** it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast