1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    638
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Don't worry, you could be KU

    Yikes. Talk about complete turnover. Not that it will set the team back too much based on their perfromance last year, but yikes.

    Big changes arrive at Kansas under Weis - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

    Interesting to see Darian Miller leave. That kid was electric last year running behind one of the worst O-lines I had seen. Still question why Iowa didn't let him come. Had he stuck(a big if) there would be far less worries about the McCall/Coker departures.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,510
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Yikes. Talk about complete turnover. Not that it will set the team back too much based on their perfromance last year, but yikes.

    Big changes arrive at Kansas under Weis - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

    Interesting to see Darian Miller leave. That kid was electric last year running behind one of the worst O-lines I had seen. Still question why Iowa didn't let him come. Had he stuck(a big if) there would be far less worries about the McCall/Coker departures.
    I think a lot of people are hopeful that Garmon can come in and take a lot of pressure off of Canzeri, Johnson, and Bullock (who will still probably be at wide out). If that happens people shouldn't be too worried about the departures at running back. Especially with Iowa's history of putting anyone back there and getting decent to good results.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "If anybody thinks I'm going to sit there with my hands crossed when we're down by 40, they got the wrong guy, OK. I was brought in here to change the culture. I'm going to coach with passion, and my players know that. They also know I'm going to fight for them." - Fran McCaffery.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,123
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    Or even worse........we could be Iowa State!!


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    638
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    Don't disagree. Iowa's prowess blocking, especially for the run, is phenomenal. But I just wonder how dynamic it would be with a game breaking talent like Miller. Miller is a super slick, great vision, speedster that made a lot of plays out of nothing for KU last year. If he actually has blocking, look out. Garmon looks like a better Coker on film. Has pretty good vision and size, but still seems like a strider without great burst. He will produce at Iowa, all the backs do, but a guy like Miller brings a whole different feel to a backfield
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,200
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    I was very high on Miller when he was being recruited. Power and speed, honestly a version of McCall. Since I think somethings happened with him and Iowa cooled as well as getting McCall made him less of a need. However, now it looks like he would have been well used and needed.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    13,680
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    Quote Originally Posted by uofihawkInation View Post
    I think a lot of people are hopeful that Garmon can come in and take a lot of pressure off of Canzeri, Johnson, and Bullock (who will still probably be at wide out). If that happens people shouldn't be too worried about the departures at running back. Especially with Iowa's history of putting anyone back there and getting decent to good results.
    I wouldn't get too excited about Johnson.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    vegashawki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    City of Hookers and Blow
    Posts
    2,021
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re:Don't worry, you could be KU

    If Johnson gets you excited i wont judge you, to each their own.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,510
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    I never said I was excited about Johnson. He just adds depth, which is something our backfield obviously needs.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    638
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    Quote Originally Posted by uofihawkInation View Post
    I never said I was excited about Johnson. He just adds depth, which is something our backfield obviously needs.
    I think vegashawki needed to pirate smiley his comment.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    vegashawki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    City of Hookers and Blow
    Posts
    2,021
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re:Don't worry, you could be KU

    Yeah I guess I did sry
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,510
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Don't worry, you could be KU

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uofihawkInation View Post
    I never said I was excited about Johnson. He just adds depth, which is something our backfield obviously needs.
    I think vegashawki needed to pirate smiley his comment.
    Oh, I was replying to Duff. Figured Vegas was just joking.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in