Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1

    We'll play in either...

    My stone cold prediction...within four years Kirk will play for a national title or get us to Pasadena...just watch...I'm putting it down now so that I can bring it back up when it happens. I always said KOK and Norm's failing health were really holding the program back.

    *Thread saved for "I told you so celebration"*

    Jon this better not get deleted when we move to new board.
    "I wish KOK would return..."- Words I never thought I would say
    Happily retired from HN since 10-27-2012

    My stone cold prediction

  2. #2

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkForce View Post
    My stone cold prediction...within four years Kirk will play for a national title or get us to Pasadena...just watch...I'm putting it down now so that I can bring it back up when it happens. I always said KOK and Norm's failing health were really holding the program back.

    *Thread saved for "I told you so celebration"*

    Jon this better not get deleted when we move to new board.
    Sorry, sport, gotta disagree. With the B10 title game, we will have to beat OSU in Indy to get to either of those and that ain't gonna happen no matter who our assistant coaches are, unless we have a miracle and can get past Nebraska and/or Michigan in 2012 and hope for some jacked up scenario to get us to Indy versus a mediocre team from the other division.

    I think Meyer with OSU's talent is gonna embarrass us. Tressel played pretty conservatively and wasn't out to hurt feelings unless your team really sucked and he couldn't help it, Meyer will be out for blood.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the University of Iowa, and to the tradition for which it stands, one program, under God, indivisible, with winning and competitiveness sometimes.

    "I am growing tired of you..."
    - Jon D. Miller, 11.30.2010

    "I am not a fan of ... [OK4P]"
    - Jon D. Miller, 2.13.2008

  3. #3
    Doublewide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Witness Protection Program... Hiding from Latrans
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Pasadena maybe...... Otherwise you hit the crack rock or the sauce early today.
    It gets a little sticky below my waistline.

    **Official 2011 HN Poster Awards Winner ** ~Most Valuable Poster~
    **Official 2013 HN Poster Awards Winner ** ~ISU POY~

    You're #1 to me... StorminSpank

  4. #4

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by Doublewide View Post
    Pasadena maybe...... Otherwise you hit the crack rock or the sauce early today.
    Poster of the year, ladies and gentlemen!
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the University of Iowa, and to the tradition for which it stands, one program, under God, indivisible, with winning and competitiveness sometimes.

    "I am growing tired of you..."
    - Jon D. Miller, 11.30.2010

    "I am not a fan of ... [OK4P]"
    - Jon D. Miller, 2.13.2008

  5. #5

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by okeefe4prez View Post
    Sorry, sport, gotta disagree. With the B10 title game, we will have to beat OSU in Indy to get to either of those and that ain't gonna happen no matter who our assistant coaches are, unless we have a miracle and can get past Nebraska and/or Michigan in 2012 and hope for some jacked up scenario to get us to Indy versus a mediocre team from the other division.

    I think Meyer with OSU's talent is gonna embarrass us. Tressel played pretty conservatively and wasn't out to hurt feelings unless your team really sucked and he couldn't help it, Meyer will be out for blood.
    Hey I just wanted this recorded for posterity. if 2/3/2016 rolls around and we haven't sniffed either I'll eat crow. (although if we make another BCS bowl it will be well seasoned tasty crow)
    "I wish KOK would return..."- Words I never thought I would say
    Happily retired from HN since 10-27-2012

    My stone cold prediction

  6. #6

    Re: We'll play in either...

    I'm cool with either. I hope you're right

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    riding down Niagara Falls in the barrels of your skull
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by okeefe4prez View Post
    Poster of the year, ladies and gentlemen!
    With 11 months to go? The fix is in!

  8. #8

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseMirage View Post
    With 11 months to go? The fix is in!
    Last year's poster of the year - but still bringing noise.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the University of Iowa, and to the tradition for which it stands, one program, under God, indivisible, with winning and competitiveness sometimes.

    "I am growing tired of you..."
    - Jon D. Miller, 11.30.2010

    "I am not a fan of ... [OK4P]"
    - Jon D. Miller, 2.13.2008

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    riding down Niagara Falls in the barrels of your skull
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by okeefe4prez View Post
    Last year's poster of the year - but still bringing noise.
    He & stevefrench are the best clone regulars on here.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseMirage View Post
    With 11 months to go? The fix is in!
    I demand an investigation.
    I miss those silly off topic forums.

  11. #11

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Three years ago Iowa was in National Title contention late in the year. I don't see how another run like that isn't completely possible. It isn't realistic to expect (it's not realistic to expect a national championship any year because it's ridiculously hard to attain and you aren't even in control of if you attain it completely)


  12. #12
    Hawkeye1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    55

    Re: We'll play in either...

    i like the idea alot!!! i really think this is a change for the good, i am really tired of seeing the same old offensive style with absolutely no change in over a decade, fry produced coaches to become coaches and KF held on two coaches like they were some std that would never go away even if it felt better LOL. i'll hand it to KF for finally cleaning house and giving the hawkeyenation something to look forward to!!!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wandering around like a maroon.
    Posts
    9,852

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by okeefe4prez View Post
    Last year's poster of the year - but still bringing noise.
    He's a keeper.

  14. #14
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Bumpers

    How you doin', HawkForce?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    riding down Niagara Falls in the barrels of your skull
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: We'll play in either...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    Bumpers

    How you doin', HawkForce?
    He might be on suicide watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in