Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1

    Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Jon and others,

    Any suggestions how to eradicate this? It has been a constant the past few days. It is a dancing pop up box that says "you won an Ipod click here, etc."


    Thanks,

  2. #2
    HN Legend theboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    #1 Smug Fatboy
    Posts
    17,638

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Who doesn't want a free iPad?

  3. #3
    HN Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fairbank, IA
    Posts
    10,837

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    I don't have that so maybe you really did win.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,131

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Lucky

  5. #5

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    You mean you haven't clicked on it yet?... I've won 17 of them so far. Anybody want to buy one cheap?

  6. #6

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    None of the vendors we work with are authorized to use popups. Could you please take a screen shot of the pop up when it occurs and email it to me? Thank you

  7. #7

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    None of the vendors we work with are authorized to use popups. Could you please take a screen shot of the pop up when it occurs and email it to me? Thank you
    Jon, Its a "mediajmp" malware. I can't remember just how to get rid of it but its been on the site all week. If you click on it you will have other pop-up issues. I will research.

  8. #8
    Graduate
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Glenwood, IA
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLHawkeye View Post
    You mean you haven't clicked on it yet?... I've won 17 of them so far. Anybody want to buy one cheap? :)
    I opened up an apple store with everything I've won, I just keep clicking.

  9. #9
    Justin VanLaere storminspank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hawkeyenation
    Posts
    15,343

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    I assume this is the ad?




    BREWMANIACS.COM - Enthusiastically Obsessed with Beer.

    I don't have PMs turned on at this time, please e-mail me: [storminspank at gmail].

  10. #10

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Yes, that is it.

  11. #11

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLHawkeye View Post
    You mean you haven't clicked on it yet?... I've won 17 of them so far. Anybody want to buy one cheap?
    What? I've entered my email address and password in that thing like 10 times and havn't won ****!

  12. #12

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    I saw it last week as well

  13. #13

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    that is a 300x250 standard ad. It's in a the standard position where we have ads. It's not a pop up.

  14. #14

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    that is a 300x250 standard ad. It's in a the standard position where we have ads. It's not a pop up.
    Jon, are you saying that's an Ad? If so, that's an odd looking ad. Normally ads sell or promote something. The iPad 'ad' appears misleading to say the least. I'm also guessing I really won't receive that iPad. I'm also guessing you wouldn't want me to click 'Yes' or 'No' if I was on your PC.

  15. #15

    Re: Pop up "congratulations you won an Ipod" message

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronco View Post
    Jon, are you saying that's an Ad? If so, that's an odd looking ad. Normally ads sell or promote something. The iPad 'ad' appears misleading to say the least. I'm also guessing I really won't receive that iPad. I'm also guessing you wouldn't want me to click 'Yes' or 'No' if I was on your PC.
    I know that it's not a pop up as it's in the exact position where we have 300x250 ads. I am looking into it with my vendors, as I agree I do not believe there is any free ipad2 involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •