Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

I think Kirk Wants to hire Tom Moore

Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC.

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I also know Ferentz is very high on David Raih, former Iowa QB and current GA. I think he is a GA for another year or so, but could learn a great deal under Moore related to QB coaching, etc.

I don't believe Moore is a done deal yet and do not know what obstacles exist, if any.

Re: I think Kirk Wants to hire Tom Moore

Only obstacle is the ageist posters on HN.

If he's healthy enough to coach and wants to come, you have to make that hire. His resume is pretty amazing.

Senior

This would be an amazing hire! I would like to see him as the OC and his experience would definitely peak the interest of recruits.

Does Soup stay around after this season if he doesn't get the OC job?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goods10 View Post
    Does Soup stay around after this season if he doesn't get the OC job?
    I don't see why not. He's only been a rumor because that's the guy currently on the staff that fans want. He's never said anything that hinted at a desire to be the OC.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC.

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I also know Ferentz is very high on David Raih, former Iowa QB and current GA. I think he is a GA for another year or so, but could learn a great deal under Moore related to QB coaching, etc.

I don't believe Moore is a done deal yet and do not know what obstacles exist, if any.
    I believe that KF is more concerned about grooming Brian for a head coaching job than he is about winning games at Iowa. So yes, you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st View Post
    I believe that KF is more concerned about grooming Brian for a head coaching job than he is about winning games at Iowa. So yes, you might be right.
    where do you people come from?

Quote Originally Posted by imported_ankle23 View Post
    where do you people come from?
    the tavern
    All time bowl wins: Ricky Stanzi: 3
    Iowa State: 3

I think this is fairly ignorant, actually. Kirk Ferentz wants to win football games and compete for titles. Brian Ferentz is highly qualified to be Iowa's OL coach, and the Patriots were considering him for some possible play calling duties before they brought McDaniels back in.

And then people wonder why we get pi$#y about the constant criticism....I only hope and pray that “this” is your outlet for this, because if you are like this in all facets of life, you’d be painstakingly tiresome…..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    I don't see why not. He's only been a rumor because that's the guy currently on the staff that fans want. He's never said anything that hinted at a desire to be the OC.
    What rumors from what fans have you heard? Isn't pretty much everything on the message boards rumors, speculations or dreams?

As far as any coach commenting on any of their "desires" would you please provide a source.

still waiting....

of course not, because no coaches, especially assistant Iowa coaches, ever comment in public about their "desires".

Right. Because Kirk just hates winning.

*** Official Most Erudite Poster - 2011 HN POTY AWARDS ***
    "They were only 46 plays from going undefeated this year. With the talent that CPR has stocked up plus the standout WR from Urbandale coming in, 10-2 is probably a little pessimistic." - OK4P - 12/9/2013

Banned

I think this is fairly ignorant, actually. Kirk Ferentz wants to win football games and compete for titles. Brian Ferentz is highly qualified to be Iowa's OL coach, and the Patriots were considering him for some possible play calling duties before they brought McDaniels back in.
    plus a couple 3 or 4. If anyone has been through the wars and seen it all in both college and the pros in 10 or so years it's Brian Ferentz. How old was Kirk when he got hired by Hayden Fry?

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I
    So we can expect L. Woods to be DC in a few years as well?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast