Total Offense Rank:
    2004 - 11th
    2005 - 2nd
    2006 - 26th
    2007 - 13th
    2008 - 11th
    2009 - 11th
    2010 - 74th

For the last 7 years (farthest they go back on espn.com) Davis' offense averaged 21st best in the nation and if you take out the outlying year of 2010 it averaged 12th best over those 6 years.

Re: Greg Davis' Offenses Past 7 Years

Good info

OK4P proprietary talent rankings during the same years:

2004 - 2nd
    2005 - 1st
    2006 - 10th
    2007 - 5th
    2008 - 3rd
    2009 - 8th
    2010 - 15th

Davis has underperformed.
    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the University of Iowa, and to the tradition for which it stands, one program, under God, indivisible, with winning and competitiveness sometimes.

"I am growing tired of you..."
    - Jon D. Miller, 11.30.2010

"I am not a fan of ... [OK4P]"
    - Jon D. Miller, 2.13.2008

We're you fired after the Dundermifflin and Sabre merger or did you not feel the need to change the name?

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DunderMifflinHk View Post
    Total Offense Rank:
    2004 - 11th
    2005 - 2nd
    2006 - 26th
    2007 - 13th
    2008 - 11th
    2009 - 11th
    2010 - 74th

For the last 7 years (farthest they go back on espn.com) Davis' offense averaged 21st best in the nation and if you take out the outlying year of 2010 it averaged 12th best over those 6 years.
    Realize OK4P is just being, well, OK4P with his own talent rankings. But considering the talent that Texas lands year in and year out, I'm not sure these rankings are that stellar. Unless Iowa's talent level increases dramatically in the next several years, I'm not sure Davis will be able to approach anything close to the above in Iowa City.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...33308446_n.jpg
    GoHawks24/GhostofBTT/BTTofGhost/deadhead4life

Quote Originally Posted by tweeterhawk View Post
    Realize OK4P is just being, well, OK4P with his own talent rankings. But considering the talent that Texas lands year in and year out, I'm not sure these rankings are that stellar. Unless Iowa's talent level increases dramatically in the next several years, I'm not sure Davis will be able to approach anything close to the above in Iowa City.
    The one year Texas' offense ranked poorly was when they didn't have a qb to replace Colt Mccoy. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have a qb to manage that talent, it's a tough situation. Iowa offers a very solid offensive line, a respectable receiving core including some potential NFL caliber TE's and a veteran qb who can make all the throws to be a very good qb.

I think it's a good hire....he would probably still be at Texas if it wasn't for the one bad year...he was a scapegoat.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by talkinhawks View Post
    The one year Texas' offense ranked poorly was when they didn't have a qb to replace Colt Mccoy. You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have a qb to manage that talent, it's a tough situation. Iowa offers a very solid offensive line, a respectable receiving core including some potential NFL caliber TE's and a veteran qb who can make all the throws to be a very good qb.

I think it's a good hire....he would probably still be at Texas if it wasn't for the one bad year...he was a scapegoat.
    I'm not arguing that Davis is a bad hire. In fact I think he will be a good one. Seems we have at least two very good QBs on campus and another one or two in the pipeline; if Davis can work with them the way he did some of the top signal-callers at Texas, we should see dividends.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...33308446_n.jpg
    GoHawks24/GhostofBTT/BTTofGhost/deadhead4life

This is hardly relevant information. sure he is had some good offenses and he is from out of the system. but really why didn't he pick up Bill Walsh or someone else with an equal track record. typical Iowa just taking the easy way out. More of the same… Norm Parker had equal numbers and it was equally unimpressive.
    Last edited by shaver363; 02-22-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan1319 View Post
    We're you fired after the Dundermifflin and Sabre merger or did you not feel the need to change the name?
    We're still DudnerMifflin, just owned by Sabre. Just like Gatorade is owned by Pepsico.

This is hardly relevant information. sure he is had some good offenses and he is from out of the system. but really why didn't he pick up Bill Walsh or someone else with an equal track record. typical Iowa just taking the easy way out. More of the same… Norm Parker had equal numbers and it was equally unimpressive. I can't believe we accept this mediocrity.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tweeterhawk View Post
    Well, using Texas talent in the pass happy, no defense Big IX, Texas put up 28 points per game in their first year after Greg Davis.

Guess how many points per game Iowa put up last year.

Go on, guess....

I don't see Davis doing much better than Okeefe at offensive coordinator. But he'll help bring in decent recruits from Texas. He's probably worth two to three 3* and 4* players a year with the connections he's built from Texas.

He might have some connections elsewhere too. I think overall with slightly better talent than Okeefe had he'll produce offenses that will be about 10% better than Okeefe.

Quote Originally Posted by okeefe4prez View Post
    OK4P proprietary talent rankings during the same years:

2004 - 2nd
    2005 - 1st
    2006 - 10th
    2007 - 5th
    2008 - 3rd
    2009 - 8th
    2010 - 15th

Davis has underperformed.
    LOL

Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by shaver363 View Post
    This is hardly relevant information. sure he is had some good offenses and he is from out of the system. but really why didn't he pick up Bill Walsh or someone else with an equal track record. typical Iowa just taking the easy way out. More of the same… Norm Parker had equal numbers and it was equally unimpressive. I can't believe we accept this mediocrity.

No one bit on your first troll attempt so you quote yourself and step it up a notch??.......ha, nice try troll.

Quote Originally Posted by shaver363 View Post
    Wow. You're either a troll or you just have no clue.
    Go Hawkeyes. Go Eagles. Go Cubs. Go UNI Panthers (except when they're playing the Hawks, of course).

I find that a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. -Mitch Hedberg

"May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face.
    And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."

"You can't fix stupid." -inspired by many of the posters on this fine message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast