Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eric May

HN Legend

Eric May

So Gatens fed it to him under the basket and he didnt want to go for the easy lay up. he runs out to the edge and shoots and ugly 3. wtf? no confidence? Only Gatens and Oglesby should shoot the 3 ball.

Re: Eric May

Even Oglesby missed a wide open shot. He seems too inconsistent with the 3 ball for my liking.

Agreed. At that point we are down 8 and could have cut it to 6. I dont understand why when directly under the hoop he catches it and runs the baseline to the corner and shoots a three. Makes no sense. He is a liability on offense.

Banned

Well he would have gotten blocked by Leonard had he attempted the layup...so lose-lose.

May should walk on to the football team. He could be of more use over there. Also, not sure what JO brings either.
    All time bowl wins: Ricky Stanzi: 3
    Iowa State: 3

Re:Eric May

Oglesby was one of our best players in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by djwoody98 View Post
    Oglesby was one of our best players in the 2nd half.
    Oglesby showed some good turnaround moves and short range jumpers to go with his 3 pt game.

To answer the person who thought JO was bad, I think JO will be a serviceable scorer but not a star. I would lay off a freshman who is playing hard.

May can't play
    "I wish KOK would return..."- Words I never thought I would say
    Happily retired from HN since 10-27-2012

My stone cold prediction

Any chance May hangs em up after this year?

Quote Originally Posted by uihawk82 View Post
    Oglesby showed some good turnaround moves and short range jumpers to go with his 3 pt game.

To answer the person who thought JO was bad, I think JO will be a serviceable scorer but not a star. I would lay off a freshman who is playing hard.
    I will agree. I had an emotional overreaction. After calming down, I do think he brings more than May and BC.
    All time bowl wins: Ricky Stanzi: 3
    Iowa State: 3

HN Legend

i think that greene is being looked because we will need a back up for marble and fran isnt sure if may will recover fully. and if he does will he be useful? if greene comes in we have a sf back up. if may can play redshirt greene so as to not overload schollies as much.

HN Legend

I was thinking the same thing and thought he should make the most of his opportunities because next year he will play about as much as Brommer is this year and that is about 6 minutes or less a game.

Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Foval21 View Post
    i think that greene is being looked because we will need a back up for marble and fran isnt sure if may will recover fully. and if he does will he be useful? if greene comes in we have a sf back up. if may can play redshirt greene so as to not overload schollies as much.
    Huh? No way we would reshirt him. Just because May is able to play doesn't mean he is able to play well. May is the Illinois basketball of players. Talent is there but he has completely lost confidence, even before the injury which has just made him much worse. The way May is playing now he makes us a worse team every time he gets on the court. He's incapable of scoring in a non-fast break situation but his injury is preventing him from running like he used to. I don't even want to see him on the court for more than a few minutes a game next year unless he improves. It's tough to do that to a senior, but Fran is here to win.

Quote Originally Posted by CRHawk2002 View Post
    Agreed. At that point we are down 8 and could have cut it to 6. I dont understand why when directly under the hoop he catches it and runs the baseline to the corner and shoots a three. Makes no sense. He is a liability.
    FIFY

​​Q. *Do you ever worry about officials holding that against you?
    ​COACH McCAFFERY: *The good ones don't.
    1-12-12

Despite all, May did not cause us to lose this game.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast