Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Iowa Women Tie for 2nd Place

Iowa ended up 19-10 and 11-5 in the conference. Tied with OSU, Purdue, and MSU. They won 8 in a row.
    Adopt the Fair Tax Plan

"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both." Milton Friedman

Re: Iowa Women Tie for 2nd Place

Seem to recall some Fire Bluder threads. Lesson 101 wait for the season to end before ripping on a team and coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkPrdatr40 View Post
    Seem to recall some Fire Bluder threads. Lesson 101 wait for the season to end before ripping on a team and coach.
    They crop up every year just before the team makes the NCAA Tournament again...it's like snow storms and the girls state basketball tourney...
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody...and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear...~Norm Peterson

Outstanding work by the Lady Hawks. Wish they had more games on TV. Love to watch them play.....

Quote Originally Posted by jacknicholson View Post
    Outstanding work by the Lady Hawks. Wish they had more games on TV. Love to watch them play.....

You just love to watch the ladies, Jack...
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody...and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear...~Norm Peterson

Fran should sit down and learn from Bluder
    "I wish KOK would return..."- Words I never thought I would say
    Happily retired from HN since 10-27-2012

My stone cold prediction

Re:Iowa Women Tie for 2nd Place

Good luck. Hope they do well.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkForce View Post
    I'm going to assume this is sarcastic.
    "If anybody thinks I'm going to sit there with my hands crossed when we're down by 40, they got the wrong guy, OK. I was brought in here to change the culture. I'm going to coach with passion, and my players know that. They also know I'm going to fight for them." - Fran McCaffery.

The most fun of watching the women play, all of them love to shoot. 6-4 freshmen center will shoot 3's, freshmen Dixon shoots 3's almost before the gets the ball. Freshmen Logic has triple double. They also look like they are having fun. However, have not done much in NCaa tourny.

If they could play this way all year instead of in the last month they would get better seeds and a chance to go farther in the tourney. ESPN is currently projecting them as a 9 seed playing LSU and if they get to the second round they would play Stanford. Last year's matchup I thought might be favorable. Little did I know that Gonzaga had a player that could take over the game.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by uofihawkInation View Post
    I'm going to assume this is sarcastic.
    You know what they say happens when you assume....

Quote Originally Posted by atxhawk View Post
    If they could play this way all year instead of in the last month they would get better seeds and a chance to go farther in the tourney. ESPN is currently projecting them as a 9 seed playing LSU and if they get to the second round they would play Stanford. Last year's matchup I thought might be favorable. Little did I know that Gonzaga had a player that could take over the game.
    That's the problem its a nice program but can never get past the second round where they are outclassed by better players it seems every year.

Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    That's the problem its a nice program but can never get past the second round where they are outclassed by better players it seems every year.
    Fire bluder, go to next level? I like the thought!!

Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    Fire bluder, go to next level? I like the thought!!
    Never said that, just will never be more than what they are a solid team that will get beat by the top 10-15 teams in the country year after year because of the large talent gap.

yawn....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last