Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tiger on golfers lifting

"10 years ago it was fairly rare, now everyone is doing it."

Just what I thought, roids are rampant on the links.
    "On this site, I ignore all things Cy"

Re: Tiger on golfers lifting

So that quote solidifies your belief golfers use steroids?

If so, wow.

Exactly. My belief has absolutely nothing to do with this being the golden age of steroids. Nor does it have anything to do with Tiger going from looking like Barry Bonds in his ASU days to looking like Barry Bonds in his 70 hr days. Most of all, it obviously has nothing to do with the paltry purses offered on the PGA tour, I mean small $ means small competition and the carrot just isn't big enough to risk illegal activities. But now Tiger has told me everyone is lifting and I officially have taken my head out of the sand.
    "On this site, I ignore all things Cy"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SayHawkKid View Post
    Exactly. My belief has absolutely nothing to do with this being the golden age of steroids. Nor does it have anything to do with Tiger going from looking like Barry Bonds in his ASU days to looking like Barry Bonds in his 70 hr days. Most of all, it obviously has nothing to do with the paltry purses offered on the PGA tour, I mean small $ means small competition and the carrot just isn't big enough to risk illegal activities. But now Tiger has told me everyone is lifting and I officially have taken my head out of the sand.
    Tiger didn't bulk up THAT much. Not even close to what Bonds did. He was a college kid when he first won the Masters. The way he's filled out doesn't appear super-human. He just looks like an athletic man.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    Tiger didn't bulk up THAT much. Not even close to what Bonds did. He was a college kid when he first won the Masters. The way he's filled out doesn't appear super-human. He just looks like an athletic man.
    Exactly. He looks like a guy that has enough time and money to spend 100's of thousands of dollars on the latest training equipment, techniques, and trainers.

If I was a multi-millionaire with my JOB being golfing I would be totally fit. The birds love it too, and Tiger loves the birds.
    2011 HN award weiner-pooping-rack'em!
    2012 HN Basketball Poster of the Year - Suck it Herby!

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER

Quote Originally Posted by SayHawkKid View Post
    I can understand the benefit of being fit and improving your flexibility, but it seems like a major amount bulking up would be counter-productive for a golfer.

I did a little google search and found an article written by ESPN on Tiger's lifting regmine. I remember another article written after this providing more specifics. I have no doubt that his stature was natural.

From cub to man: Tiger reveals demanding workout regimen - Golf - ESPN

I also found this on his site.
    TigerWoods.com: Fitness: Tiger's Daily Routine

6-2 185 is smaller than I thought he was.

I heard when he was at Stanford he was the strongest man there pound for pound

1. Tiger Woods is not that big especially when you consider he works out for at least 2 hours a day and eats very healthy. If he was on roids and did what he does, he would look much different.

2. Tiger Woods was never weak. He was pretty strong for his size early on. You don't generate the speed he did without strength.

3. That statement proves nothing. Not a thing. So everyone who lifts is on roids? Some great logic there.

4. Name a guy on tour who really looks like he's on roids.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FCAS View Post
    I can understand the benefit of being fit and improving your flexibility, but it seems like a major amount bulking up would be counter-productive for a golfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by H8IAST8 View Post
    6-2 185 is smaller than I thought he was.
    And there's your answer. Yes, bulking up is counter-productive for a golfer. But Tiger didn't bulk up. He filled out. There's a big difference. He left Stanford at 156. I weighed that much when I graduated high school. I've since added a lot of weight (though I admit, it's not good weight). But my "natural" weight is probably between 170-185, or 15-30 pounds heavier than I was in high school. Tiger has put on about 30 pounds over the last 10 years. That's not unnatural at all.

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

I would have guessed he was about200-210.

At one point he was benching at least 315. That's pretty strong for a guy weighing 180.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H8IAST8 View Post
    I would have guessed he was about200-210.
    Tight shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    At one point he was benching at least 315. That's pretty strong for a guy weighing 180.
    A kid at my old high school weighs about 160, and he's putting up 230. He box squatted 655 earlier this fall (granted, that's not a parallel squat, but that's still 4x his weight, plus change). Doesn't mean he's juicing (he's not). And that's without anything remotely resembling the kind of training/resources that Tiger has had.

id be shocked if he was actually 6-2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast