HN Legend

will someone tell the orange that a 2-3 defense wont work against wisky.

they are masters of the extra pass and hitting 60+% of their 3pt shots.

it would only be sweeter if herby could talk about how brust is a loose cannon shooting them out of the game....wait that isnt right.

Re: will someone tell the orange that a 2-3 defense wont work against wisky.

Syracuse looks like they watched about as much film as Uconn did

Blog Entries

I picked Wisconsin to last the longest out of all the Big Ten teams left in Tuesday's DI, because of this very aspect. I figured if there was ever an offense tailor-made to beat Syracuse's 2-3 zone, it'd be Wisconsin's. And I was almost right, damnit!
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    I picked Wisconsin to last the longest out of all the Big Ten teams left in Tuesday's DI, because of this very aspect. I figured if there was ever an offense tailor-made to beat Syracuse's 2-3 zone, it'd be Wisconsin's. And I was almost right, damnit!
    Almost....not good enough.

I had Cuse winning...but actually thought Wisconsin could win and prob should win.

Banned

2-3 defense worked brah

Junior
    Blog Entries

they were close but no way they could keep the blistering pace up from 3. remember, Syracuse recruits long, tall, athletic kids to only play a 2-3. it's not your typical 2-3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhindm View Post
    Almost....not good enough.

I had Cuse winning...but actually thought Wisconsin could win and prob should win.
    I had Cuse losing to KSU in my bracket. That's been shot to hell for like a week now lol.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjhindm View Post
    Almost....not good enough.I had Cuse winning...but actually thought Wisconsin could win and prob should win.
    I had Cuse losing to KSU in my bracket. That's been shot to hell for like a week now lol.
    I have Mich st and OSU in the final 4. I'm #1 out of 500 people in the yahoo Hawkeye bracket I randomly did .

The 2-3 zone works a little bit better when you have guys like Syracuse gets year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    The 2-3 zone works a little bit better when you have guys like Syracuse gets year in and year out.
    Agree...tall...lean....fast athletes. Jim always gets guys that can run the 2-3 to perfection.

Junior
    Blog Entries

they were close but no way they could keep the blistering pace up from 3. remember, Syracuse recruits long, tall, athletic kids to only play a 2-3. it's not your typical 2-3