Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hindsight is Hilarious!!!!

So I was bored at work this afternoon and had some free time. I went back into the Basketball forum at about page 101 and read to about 85. If you want to laugh your a$$ off go read the posts from the genius' that were so doom and gloom and who they thought should be starting. You will read thing like Gatens is a D-2 player at best, Olaseni should be starting, and you never even hear a mention of White in future lineups. Seriously, it is funny. You can hear the splashes as the faithful are jumping ship.

HN Legend

Re: Hindsight is Hilarious!!!!

man i hope i didnt say anything stupid.

i know i have said gatens was more of a complimentary scorer than #1 but i hope i never called for his benching.

the olaseni thing i know i never said.

funny stuff with the few i read.

Quote Originally Posted by Foval21 View Post
    man i hope i didnt say anything stupid.

i know i have said gatens was more of a complimentary scorer than #1 but i hope i never called for his benching.

the olaseni thing i know i never said.

funny stuff with the few i read.
    No you didn't say that. Just so you know, I think most of the posters posted things that I was thinking at the time. Most of those posters are pretty knowledgeabel but were as down and confused as I was. The only thing that really stuck out was a lot of guys said, "give Fran the time" and he will right the ship. He certainly did. I would knock anyone for their earlier posts because 99% of them now understand the road you have to take to be successful in this game. It is funny to read though!

HN Legend

More playing time for Stokes!!!!

Around the Campbell game, I think 12 wins was the thought as to where the Hawks would end up.

and the hawks would not win a game in the BT was a common thread

Witness Protection Program... Hiding from Latrans

It gets a little sticky below my waistline.

**Official 2011 HN Poster Awards Winner ** ~Most Valuable Poster~
    **Official 2013 HN Poster Awards Winner ** ~ISU POY~

You're #1 to me... StorminSpank

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    and the hawks would not win a game in the BT was a common thread
    herby- you, more than anybody else on this site, have no room to call out someone on predictions.

Gabe- 8-10 PPG, 9-11 RPG and 4-5 BPG????

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    herby- you, more than anybody else on this site, have no room to call out someone on predictions.

Gabe- 8-10 PPG, 9-11 RPG and 4-5 BPG????
    Because he did not get the minutes!

Yeah, after the Campbell game I was one who wasn't sure if this year's team would win more than 10 games or not. Guess it goes to show how much a team can improve throughout the year.

But I was LOL @ the guy who originally thought Olaseni could average a double-double this year.

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

Quote Originally Posted by 1977Hawkeye View Post
    But I was LOL @ the guy who originally thought Olaseni could average a double-double this year.
    Now just because it didnt happen doesnt mean that herby was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1977Hawkeye View Post
    Yeah, after the Campbell game I was one who wasn't sure if this year's team would win more than 10 games or not. Guess it goes to show how much a team can improve throughout the year.

yeah a good laugh at nobody as it was proved that i didn't,
    just like the op said hindsight is great especially in ripping on a poster that posted his opinion on what a player would do. in both case i made a mistake on his #'s just like the poster did with his prediction of the Iowa team not winning a game in the BT, but again i get ripped for mentioning this fact, i have not seen anyone jump this poster for his prediction, and i constantly get ripped.
    and people wonder why i get upset and which is it the poster that stated as fact that i said Gabe a dbl dbl, is that a mistake or is it a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by RADMAN View Post
    So I was bored at work this afternoon and had some free time. I went back into the Basketball forum at about page 101 and read to about 85. If you want to laugh your a$$ off go read the posts from the genius' that were so doom and gloom and who they thought should be starting. You will read thing like Gatens is a D-2 player at best, Olaseni should be starting, and you never even hear a mention of White in future lineups. Seriously, it is funny. You can hear the splashes as the faithful are jumping ship.
    There are people fairly recently on here who have said Gesell won't start this year. At least until the game this past weekend. People are still saying Woodbury won't start. I was one who said White would start at this time last year. It took until the middle of the season. Of course, I also said Hubbard would be one of the best players on the team. If his grandma hadn't died in the middle of the summer, he might have been. Olaseni is yet to be determined. But sometimes, fans have to see it right in front of them before they believe it can happen- and by then it already has.

Is that what really happened to Hubbard, is grandmother died? I hadn't heard that but it explains a lot about his quick departure. Where have I been that I have never heard that?

Quote Originally Posted by icwesthawkeye View Post
    Is that what really happened to Hubbard, is grandmother died? I hadn't heard that but it explains a lot about his quick departure. Where have I been that I have never heard that?
    There was a recent article about it as Hubbard started practice with Morgan State after some transcript difficulties. He left Iowa days after his grandmother died, citing in the article something about Iowa not being what he thought it would be. Connect the dots and it's the only thing that makes sense. If there was some transgression, we'd know the details by now, IC isn't that big a town and Hubbard's background would have demanded it come to light. He probably didn't come out with details at the time partially because of the reaction to his departure. It also explains why the administration isn't talking- it's a family issue and Hubbard only recently said something about it himself. I suspect he isn't being real open about it too because he doesn't want to admit that his grandmother's death made him realize he couldn't be away from his family (support system). That would be tough for someone what- 26-27yo? to admit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast