Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Early B1G game predictions

I assume that Iowa will have the same big ten schedule again, but flip the home and away for the 4 teams we play once. *Note that they might be in a different order next year.

at Purdue L
    Wisconsin W
    Minnesota W
    at Ohio State L
    Michigan St. W
    at Michigan L
    Purdue W
    at Nebraska W
    Indiana L
    at Minnesota W
    at Penn St. W
    Northwestern W
    Penn St. W
    at Indiana L
    at Wisconsin L
    Illinois W
    Nebraska W
    at Northwestern L

I got 11-7 most likely placing Iowa in the 5-6 seed. What you got?

Re: Early B1G game predictions

Quote Originally Posted by zhawk21 View Post
    I assume that Iowa will have the same big ten schedule again, but flip the home and away for the 4 teams we play once. *Note that they might be in a different order next year.

at Purdue L
    Wisconsin W
    Minnesota W
    at Ohio State L
    Michigan St. W
    at Michigan L
    Purdue W
    at Nebraska W
    Indiana L
    at Minnesota W
    at Penn St. W
    Northwestern W
    Penn St. W
    at Indiana L
    at Wisconsin L
    Illinois W
    Nebraska W
    at Northwestern L

That is pretty much what I am hoping for...we must sweep PSU and Neb next year. Sweeping Minny is probably not gonna happen,tho.
    I will say we lose at Minny,and go 10-8,which will still be #5 or #6 in the league,which will get us to the NCAA tourny next year,unless we start slow in the non-conference again. Now, we could jump right on Purdue early at Purdue,with them being a very young team,and with students gone...possible win there.

W at Minnesota but L at northwestern is questionable. The rest looks great, I hope it ends up like this or better.

Do we really think we will only play MSU,Mich and OSU one time again next year? I would assume those would get rotated...I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by rjhindm View Post
    Do we really think we will only play MSU,Mich and OSU one time again next year? I would assume those would get rotated...I could be wrong though.
    Iowa only plays Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State & O$U once next year. The following year Iowa will play them twice. The Big Ten has two-year rotations.

OatesStache

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHawk View Post
    Iowa only plays Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State & O$U once next year. The following year Iowa will play them twice. The Big Ten has two-year rotations.
    Wow, that is fortunate. The time to strike is now.

Quote Originally Posted by zhawk21 View Post

at Purdue L
    Wisconsin W
    Minnesota W
    at Ohio State L
    Michigan St. W
    at Michigan L
    Purdue W
    at Nebraska W
    Indiana L
    at Minnesota W
    at Penn St. W
    Northwestern W
    Penn St. W
    at Indiana L
    at Wisconsin L
    Illinois W
    Nebraska W
    at Northwestern L

I think we will win at Purdue and beat Indiana at home. See my post in another thread about Indiana's road woes in the Big Ten. I think we will lose at Minnesota and possibly at home to Michigan State. I think we will get Michigan State or the road game at NW. I'm saying 12-6 but still a 5-6 seed due to our softer schedule relative to others in the conference.

the OOC schedule will determine the seed, Fran has stated the OOC schedule will be improved, the ACC opponent Iowa has no control over,i am hoping for NC State, the tourney has been set,again Fran has no control over who Iowa plays, if the BT/Pac12 materializes i would like to get Oregon as that game would be a home game as the ACC-BT matchup will put Iowa on the road and i don't think the BT will have teams playing on th road twice in each season that will rotate each year.
    the ISU game will help with their improve play.
    that leaves 6 OOC games to setup yet

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    the OOC schedule will determine the seed, Fran has stated the OOC schedule will be improved, the ACC opponent Iowa has no control over,i am hoping for NC State, the tourney has been set,again Fran has no control over who Iowa plays, if the BT/Pac12 materializes i would like to get Oregon as that game would be a home game as the ACC-BT matchup will put Iowa on the road and i don't think the BT will have teams playing on th road twice in each season that will rotate each year.
    the ISU game will help with their improve play.
    that leaves 6 OOC games to setup yet
    NC State will more than likely be the favorite to win the ACC next year. Iowa will not play them in the B1G/ACC challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    NC State will more than likely be the favorite to win the ACC next year. Iowa will not play them in the B1G/ACC challenge.
    NC State favored over UNC and Duke now that's a shocker, also Clemson finished 4th at 9-7 the year before in the ACC and Iowa finished 10th the year before and guess what Iowa ended up with Clemson in the ACC/BT matchup. this year they finished in 7th place at 8-8 one game out of a tie for 4th, and still people cry about Clemson being a bad loss. NCState finished at 9-7 in a tie for 4th place so i would not be surprised at this matchup and even like it as it would be a big upgrade over a Cambell
    Last edited by herbyhawk; 04-05-2012 at 09:43 AM.

OatesStache

NCST has three McD AA's coming in next year. I doubt you play them.

Banned

NC State favored over UNC and Duke now that's a shocker
    NC State coming off a Sweet 16 run and they return a large part of their production, as long as CJ Leslie does not turn pro, along with a huge recruiting class (I think 3 McDonald's AA).

UNC is being gutted by early entrees to the draft and will be very inexperienced and Duke will be down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    you heard it here 1st NCState to win the ACC, quick run to Vegas and bet the farm

Banned

you heard it here 1st NCState to win the ACC, quick run to Vegas and bet the farm
    This is why people hate you. I lay out facts and give reasons why NC State will be a favorite to win the ACC next year and you just spew off garbage.

Banned

NC State favored over UNC and Duke now that's a shocker, also Clemson finished 4th at 9-7 the year before in the ACC and Iowa finished 10th the year before and guess what Iowa ended up with Clemson in the ACC/BT matchup. this year they finished in 7th place at 8-8 one game out of a tie for 4th, and still people cry about Clemson being a bad loss. NCState finished at 9-7 in a tie for 4th place so i would not be surprised at this matchup and even like it as it would be a big upgrade over a Cambell
    The matchups are set on expectations for the year, not the previous years finish. Clemson finished 7th in the ACC and Iowa finished 8th in the B1G. It was a pretty even match-up in regards to standings.

Iowa will not be playing NC State next year in the challenge because NC State will be projected to finish much higher in the ACC than Iowa will in the B1G.

You even admitted that you dont watch any other college basketball besides the Hawks, so quit acting like you know what the hell you are talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast