Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: ESPN on Iowa rb situation

I hate to be too pessimistic...

But we've got a barren RB stable, a #1 receiver with a case of the dropsies, a QB who can't handle the blitz, a glorified high school D-line, and big losses in the secondary.

This could be a rough ride.
    I am now ThunderHawk, Inc. I am a Corporate SuperPerson(TM). I am immortal, my liability is limited, and I own the government. Just do what I say and nobody gets hurt.

www.14ers.com

http://www.aecf.org/MajorInitiatives/KIDSCOUNT.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHawk View Post
    I hate to be too pessimistic...

But we've got a barren RB stable, a #1 receiver with a case of the dropsies, a QB who can't handle the blitz, a glorified high school D-line, and big losses in the secondary.

This could be a rough ride.
    question the major losses in the 2ndary. Bernstien was a 1 year starter Prater would be the only multi Year starter that left, Lowery will be a Jr to replace Prater, Hyde is a senior, Tanner Miller will be a 3rd year starting Jr, the So Nico Law is the only newcomer to the backfield, i personally think the backfield will be solid, the other position will be a work in progress JVB will be a 5th year senior, and we get a chance to see if KOK was the problem in developing QB's like so many claim, i think Davis did pretty good with McCoy and Young, and i am looking forward to how works with JVB.
    as for RB its been awhile since we have had a junior or senior rb. the Oline has gone well beyound the rebuilding each year to the reload stage not to mention the QB/C exchange will be between 5th year seniors, other than Donnal everbody else has starting experience. so the Oline will be solid and a big help in breaking in a new RB. and our opinion on Davis are worlds apart as Davis will be a 5th year senior and still has Soup as his coach
    the catches will be spread out as KMM and CJF both stepped it up last year, so the need of just relying on one receiver is not there, and from what has been said of Davis watch for the RB being used much like Ronnie Harmon was under Fry

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

Quote Originally Posted by herbyhawk View Post
    question the major losses in the 2ndary. Bernstien was a 1 year starter Prater would be the only multi Year starter that left, Lowery will be a Jr to replace Prater, Hyde is a senior, Tanner Miller will be a 3rd year starting Jr, the So Nico Law is the only newcomer to the backfield, i personally think the backfield will be solid, the other position will be a work in progress JVB will be a 5th year senior, and we get a chance to see if KOK was the problem in developing QB's like so many claim, i think Davis did pretty good with McCoy and Young, and i am looking forward to how works with JVB.
    as for RB its been awhile since we have had a junior or senior rb. the Oline has gone well beyound the rebuilding each year to the reload stage not to mention the QB/C exchange will be between 5th year seniors, other than Donnal everbody else has starting experience. so the Oline will be solid and a big help in breaking in a new RB. and our opinion on Davis are worlds apart as Davis will be a 5th year senior and still has Soup as his coach
    the catches will be spread out as KMM and CJF both stepped it up last year, so the need of just relying on one receiver is not there, and from what has been said of Davis watch for the RB being used much like Ronnie Harmon was under Fry
    Fail again bud. Miller started the last 11 games of last year. He did not start his freshman year as we had a couple guys ahead of him at Safety that you may have heard of (Greenwood and Sash). He saw limited action in 8 games his freshman year. This will be his 2nd year starting.

Tanner Miller Profile - Iowa Official Athletic Site

[QUOTE=Section136;774541]Fail again bud. Miller started the last 11 games of last year. He did not start his freshman year as we had a couple guys ahead of him at Safety that you may have heard of (Greenwood and Sash). He saw limited action in 8 games his freshman year. This will be his 2nd year starting.

Tanner Miller Profile - Iowa Official Athletic Site[/QUO

and you can prove this How as the depth chart only show the current position, as far as i know Considiene was the player that Miller replaced.

HN Legend

i am not really worried about the rb situation because we have seen this before. i think with the hill/garmon combo we will have 2 frosh with equal if not better skill set than arob/wegher. then there is the competition of bullock and johnson and dawson. i believe we will have 2 or 3 rbs combine for 1600 yds or more.

secondary should be our least concern followed shortly by oline and qb.

wr has had drops in the past but i think kmm and davis will make it hard to focus on one as they seem pretty comparable.

lbs are dependent on the dline. and if the dline can cause havoc i am not worried about the size. plus i feel alston will play his way on the field and move morris back to the outside.

the dline looks like it will be on the smaller side but that could be to our advantage lately it has seemed like we werent as quick off the snap as we had been in previous yrs. maybe we need smaller guys with motors that athletically challenge the footspeed of bigger olines.

Banned

[quote=herbyhawk;774604]
    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Fail again bud. Miller started the last 11 games of last year. He did not start his freshman year as we had a couple guys ahead of him at Safety that you may have heard of (Greenwood and Sash). He saw limited action in 8 games his freshman year. This will be his 2nd year starting.

and you can prove this How as the depth chart only show the current position, as far as i know Considiene was the player that Miller replaced.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Considine last put on a Hawkeye uniform in 2004. You have no idea what you are talking about. And its not spelled Considiene...spelling a player or former player's name wrong is unacceptable from you herby.

Click on the link I provided about Miller and go down to 2010. It says he saw action in 8 games. It then gives a short little recap about each game and never says anything about him starting. Then check the 2011 year and it says he started the final 11 games of the season.

HN Legend

[QUOTE=herbyhawk;774604]
    Fail again bud. Miller started the last 11 games of last year. He did not start his freshman year as we had a couple guys ahead of him at Safety that you may have heard of (Greenwood and Sash). He saw limited action in 8 games his freshman year. This will be his 2nd year starting. Tanner Miller Profile - Iowa Official Athletic Site[/QUOand you can prove this How as the depth chart only show the current position, as far as i know Considiene was the player that Miller replaced.
    herby by your account you are saying that tanner miller was the starting fs in 2010. in 2010 our safeties were tyler sash (ss) and brett greenwood (fs).

tanner is a second yr starter this yr.

i guess you have something to crow about and way to go by adding nothing to the conversation just like always

[quote=herbyhawk;774604]

Tanner is not the answer at Safety!!!

Banned

i guess you have something to crow about and way to go by adding nothing to the convesation just like always
    So you were wrong again herby? HAHA, you make it too easy sometimes.

Just remember, Considine was a senior in 2004 and Tanner Miller was a true freshman in 2010. You were only 6 years off.

So you were wrong again herby? HAHA, you make it too easy sometimes.

Just remember, Considine was a senior in 2004 and Tanner Miller was a true freshman in 2010. You were only 6 years off.
    just like you saying NCState will jump over Duke and UNC to win the ACC.
    the arguement of McD AA comig in means nothing as DUKE AND unc also have McD AA already on the roster. typical fail on your part

[quote=herbyhawk;774604]

I think I've seen enough Herby. You're doing this stupid stuff on purpose.

[quote=herbyhawk;774604]

This is great herbster. Some of your best work.
    If you have a problem with one of my posts please contact ChrisABraden.

"...the program sucks, he is a terrible D1 coach, KF is delusional,.... Deanvogs

^^^He didnt mean it like that, thats only part of his quote......the best part^^^

3:40 2nd Iowa 4th & 13 at Neb30 Wienke punts. Touchback. Ball on Neb20.

Banned

[quote=JonDMiller;774629]

I think I've seen enough Herby. You're doing this stupid stuff on purpose.
    The scary part is that I don't think he does it on purpose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast