Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How long before UK has to vacate this championship?

Given Calipari's past history of NCAA violations, how many years will it be before Kentucky is forced to vacate the 2012 national championship? I say four years.

Re: How long before UK has to vacate this championship?

Quote Originally Posted by sioux34 View Post
    Given Calipari's past history of NCAA violations, how many years will it be before Kentucky is forced to vacate the 2012 national championship? I say four years.
    Funny! Never thought of this. Probrably dead on!

That was the first thing I thought of when the game was in hand. I would say 4 years as well. Especially when he has people on his behalf calling in to radio shows to stand up for him. Don't stick your nose in the air as if you're clean especially when their is poop on your shoes.

Yep, I was thinking 3-5 so you are dead on in my opinion. However, I've heard others speculate that it may take less time on this one since it was a national championship. Likely that there will be even more investigative journalists digging into Cal's garbage due to the championship. I think he'll be able to stay above the fray again, but Kentucky will be forced to vacate the title. In some ways, even sweeter for the Cal detractors.

Quote Originally Posted by SwirlinLingerie View Post
    Yep, I was thinking 3-5 so you are dead on in my opinion. However, I've heard others speculate that it may take less time on this one since it was a national championship. Likely that there will be even more investigative journalists digging into Cal's garbage due to the championship. I think he'll be able to stay above the fray again, but Kentucky will be forced to vacate the title. In some ways, even sweeter for the Cal detractors.
    Exactly!
    Wouldn't you want to be the journalist who broke the story that Kentucky cheated their way to a title?

This was my first thought as well. Then I kind of realized...he's at Kentucky now. And they are probably much more experienced at burying evidence of violations. So if I were to guess, I'd say the banners will stay up this time.
    You're in the Danger Zone!

Funny I thought the same thing for most of the game. Especially because had Kansa won I would have won $500 in the office pool. I wonder if I can get that $500 from my buddy when the title is vacated?

Quote Originally Posted by Igothawked View Post
    Funny I thought the same thing for most of the game. Especially because had Kansa won I would have won $500 in the office pool. I wonder if I can get that $500 from my buddy when the title is vacated?
    Probably every team in the elite 8 cheated!

HN Legend
    Blog Entries

For a point of reference, at Memphis and UMass, it was less than 2 years each time.

Have the checks cleared yet??

The news of Anthony Davis getting paid and others will be out soon. The post which said National titles bring this out is correct.

Only one kid worth a sheet was from Kentucky... this is pro roster type stuff, not college.

Quote Originally Posted by greghammel View Post
    Only one kid worth a sheet was from Kentucky... this is pro roster type stuff, not college.
    Kansas only had two players from Kansas on their roster. One kid did not even play and the other was a role player.

Elite programs don't rely on instate talent because they don't have to. Why take an instate kid when you can get a better player from anywhere.

I got a kick out of the chubby white kid from kentucky's bench standing front and center on the stage to receive the trophy. Do you think Davis even knows what that kids name is?

Last edited by sioux34; 04-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burky247 View Post
    This was my first thought as well. Then I kind of realized...he's at Kentucky now. And they are probably much more experienced at burying evidence of violations. So if I were to guess, I'd say the banners will stay up this time.
    All it takes is one. Someone on the fringe, perhaps, who feels a bit slighted or forgotten. Or didn't get as much of a cut as was promised. Or saw something he or she shouldn't have. If it involves any kind of crime, and thus includes possibly giving statements to authorities and/or testifying, the stakes get raised in a hurry. At that point, people tend to get legal advice and look out for themselves.

Of course, Calipari has always been able to insulate himself from any direct connection to a violation or a crime, and I don't expect that to change.

The real question is will another elite program hire him after Kentucky is forced to vacate the title? I am guessing no, and that he'll go back to the pros for a stretch or take a gig at a slightly more backwoods, renegade-type program.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast