Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why we could win 9 games this year…

We can all agree that KF coached teams flourish when expectations are relatively low heading into a season. Last year we had a bunch of question marks, particularly at the QB, Safety, and D-Line positions. Expectations were not low, because there was still an assumption (at least in some of our minds) that we would outperform what outsiders were predicting. Last season was not set up for one of those years, THIS season is. Look at our main concerns:

D-LINE: We have ZERO expectations for our d-lineman who have trained and practiced with a load of talent over the last few years. Someone will emerge – whether it’s a senior or a frosh. I can’t think of one time in the KF era where SOMEONE hasn’t emerged on the D-line. In fact, Brandon Scherff told a friend of mine that we are “beastly” at every position (even d-line), and that his only concern was the rb position.

RB’s: If we’ve learned anything in the past 3 years, its that KF knows how to plug young RB’s into his offense. Coupled with an o-line that will be very solid, guys like Garmon or Hill could be very successful this season. Scherff also said that he thinks Hill will be ready to go before Garmon.

Now, taking a serious look at our schedule, we could easily start off 5-0 if we can take care of business at home. Every game on the schedule is winnable, even @ MSU whom we have a bye week to prepare for. If we can have any sort of consistency and gain confidence, we could have a very successful year.

Not trying to raise expectations, just wanting to create some optimism.

Re: Why we could win 9 games this year�

I think you could of just said extremely favorable schedule.

Re: Why we could win 9 games this year…

The schedule certainly is workable for Iowa to have 9 wins, but IMO I see them floating around 6-7 wins, with a good chance for 8.

I think we'll have a surprisingly good year. I expect the defense to be much improved and the offense to be very productive. I'll say nine wins after the bowl game.
    Really, Rick and the offensive line knew we were going to get it done. Nothing was going to stop us. You could’ve put 24 players out on defense and we were going to somehow get it done.”-DJK-

I think we may not have football season or basketball season..... It absolutely doesnt look good over persian gulf.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicblue224 View Post
    I think we may not have football season or basketball season..... It absolutely doesnt look good over persian gulf.
    Your such a good troll. Could I get lessons?

Junior

I am feeling optimistic today, thanks!

I can see it now - come November Rittenberbg and Bennett will be putting out something like "We should have seen this one coming. After several 'year of the quarterback' years in the B1G, Vandenberg's ascendency to the top of conference came as no surprise. What we missed was just how good the Iowa secondary turned out to be. Iowa had steady production on offense thanks to JVB's senior leadership and the aforementioned secondary took it's toll on the inexperienced quarterbacks in the Legends division. Vandenberg's performance against the Spartans was reminiscent of the classic 2009 meeting of these two teams. Spoiling Michigan's chance at an undefeated season, and Robinson's chance of revenge, proves that defense wins championships. It has been said that Iowa does best when they are 'under the radar' and this season proves it. Iowa wasn't even in the discussion in September. Now with the second Heroes game looming Brian and I have to say that it looks like Iowa will be playing in it's first B1G championship game. Like I said, we should have seen this one coming."

Boy, this Kool-Aid sure is great. I think I will have some more.

Banned

This thread could have just been titled "patsy schedule looks good for hawks".

D will be bad. Real bad. And the offense is very mediocre. You're looking at an 99-2000 esque Iowa team this year.

6 wins and you should be very happy with that

Steve french is an ISU fan right?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan1319 View Post
    Steve french is an ISU fan right?
    Yes. He is probably trolling
    Really, Rick and the offensive line knew we were going to get it done. Nothing was going to stop us. You could’ve put 24 players out on defense and we were going to somehow get it done.”-DJK-

Ok so Stevefrench is an ISU fan whos looking for another 6-7 season where he can come over and talk crap? How many bowls has your team won my friend? More than Stanzi yet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iahawks912 View Post
    Your such a good troll. Could I get lessons?
    He's never intentionally trolling though....
    So, yeah....... Jury is still out on this one.

I think this year's Football team will surprise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan1319 View Post
    Ok so Stevefrench is an ISU fan whos looking for another 6-7 season where he can come over and talk crap? How many bowls has your team won my friend? More than Stanzi yet?
    It's not trolling or "talking crap", its how I see it playing out.

Iowa is down, a lot. And my opinion of their schedule strength is shared by most people (no tOSU or Wisky, easy non con).

Iowa will win 6-7 thanks to their schedule. It could be way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefrench View Post
    This thread could have just been titled "patsy schedule looks good for hawks".

D will be bad. Real bad. And the offense is very mediocre. You're looking at an 99-2000 esque Iowa team this year.

6 wins and you should be very happy with that
    Haha, no, not even close. This team is 10x more talented than those 99-2000 teams. Those teams were godawful. The offensive line will be good, if JVB can play better on the road he will be fine, receiving corps is solid with Davis, KMM, and CJ. The only real question mark is at RB and #3 WR, but as an Iowa fan I have learned that (almost) anyone we put back there will be productive.

The secondary should be very good, the LB's mediocre, and the d-line poor. Fortunately we don't play too many dynamic offenses so we should be able to outscore most of our opponents. If we win less than 7 games I will be surprised.

Here is why I think Iowa could win 9 games: there are 12 games in a season so Iowa could win 9 games based on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast