Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1

    2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    per a tweet from the B1G

    in 2013 & 2014, Ohio State and Wisconsin return to Iowa's schedule while Indiana and Penn State fall off.

    Illinois is going to be one of the two teams from the Leaders that is on it...as it relates to the other team, not sure. Marc Morehouse said in a tweet 'Wisconsin isn't on it, that much we know'

  2. #2

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    I hate Iowa not playing Wisconsin. Ruined an awesome rivalry.

  3. #3

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Twitter said schedule release delayed until 10:00 CT.
    ***Most successful person to leave Marshalltown, move to Norwalk via Ames and quote a line from The Big Lebowski in his signature 2010, 2011, and 2012 Award Winner***

    I'm gonna go find a cash machine... - The Dude

    This one is for you Vin/GoG/Scorp...

    "If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be traveling on, now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see"


  4. #4

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Would love to not play Purdue every year. Not sure why every team HAS to have a permanent crossover game.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,123

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Quote Originally Posted by FML View Post
    Would love to not play Purdue every year. Not sure why every team HAS to have a permanent crossover game.
    To keep certain rivalries intact.

    OSU/Michigan
    Illinois/NW
    Minny/Wisky

    Those are all crossover games. Some teams, Iowa included, just didnt have a natural rival left over to be paired with.

  6. #6

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    I understand why some teams have permanent crossover rivalries....but why do we? Cant' we just play another random team from the other division and thus get to play more B1G teams more frequently? I'm sure all Iowa and Purdue fans would like that.

  7. #7
    hogeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,054

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Quote Originally Posted by FML View Post
    I understand why some teams have permanent crossover rivalries....but why do we? Cant' we just play another random team from the other division and thus get to play more B1G teams more frequently? I'm sure all Iowa and Purdue fans would like that.
    Because every team had crossover rivalries to protect except Iowa and Purdue.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,123

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Quote Originally Posted by hogeye View Post
    Because every team had crossover rivalries to protect except Iowa and Purdue.

    Not really. 2 big rivalries in Mich/OSU and Minny/Wisky were protected. I dont think a lot of people consider Illinois/Northwestern a huge rivalry, but they are both from the same state so it makes sense.

    Penn State and Nebraska arent rivlas and were pitted against each other strictly because of the history of the 2 schools.

    Indiana/MSU is as bad if not worse than Iowa/Purdue.

  9. #9

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Looks like Illinois and Penn St for 2015 and 2016. The Legends/Leaders set up is awful. 2 Wisconsin games in 6 years? This is b.s. Wise up Delaney and Co. and get to geographical divisions.

  10. #10

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Quote Originally Posted by FML View Post
    I understand why some teams have permanent crossover rivalries....but why do we? Cant' we just play another random team from the other division and thus get to play more B1G teams more frequently? I'm sure all Iowa and Purdue fans would like that.
    Its a mathematical construct required for schedule generation. I guess you could claim Iowa/Purdue isn't a permanent crossover, but due to all the other crossovers we'd play them every year anyway.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    326 Cedar Street Davenport, IA 52802
    Posts
    11,077
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfromnorwalk View Post
    Twitter said schedule release delayed until 10:00 CT.
    A schedule reveal for three years in the future on a Monday morning?

    I am beginning to think that the BoneG is run by accounting software that has failed to understand humanity.

  12. #12

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    The schedule is out. Here is a pdf of it.

  13. #13
    hogeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,054

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Not really. 2 big rivalries in Mich/OSU and Minny/Wisky were protected. I dont think a lot of people consider Illinois/Northwestern a huge rivalry, but they are both from the same state so it makes sense.
    Not really what? Yes, really, every team had crossover rivalries to protect.

    Michigan and Ohio State is obvious.
    Michigan State and Indiana old brass spittoon dates back to the 50's.
    Minnesota and Wisconsin PB Axe and predecessor trophy date back to 30's.
    PSU and Nebraska had obvious history.
    Illinois and Northwestern rivalry trophy dates back to the 40's.

    I didn't say they were all "huge" rivalries, but they are all longstanding, well established rivalries with Big 10 tradition.

    Penn State and Nebraska arent rivlas and were pitted against each other strictly because of the history of the 2 schools.
    These teams have a history pre-Big Ten that is well known. For two schools that weren't in the same conference there was as much of a rivalry as many schools in a similar situation.

    Indiana/MSU is as bad if not worse than Iowa/Purdue.
    Maybe, I am not arguing that point, but it does have an established history.

  14. #14

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Get Wisco back finally in 2013/2014.. but they jump off the schedule again for 2015/2016.. in which we finally get to see ILL..

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut
    Posts
    7,123

    Re: 2015 & 2016 Big Ten Scheds Released Monday at 9a

    Quote Originally Posted by hogeye View Post
    Not really what? Yes, really, every team had crossover rivalries to protect.

    Michigan and Ohio State is obvious.
    Michigan State and Indiana old brass spittoon dates back to the 50's.
    Minnesota and Wisconsin PB Axe and predecessor trophy date back to 30's.
    PSU and Nebraska had obvious history.
    Illinois and Northwestern rivalry trophy dates back to the 40's.

    I didn't say they were all "huge" rivalries, but they are all longstanding, well established rivalries with Big 10 tradition.



    These teams have a history pre-Big Ten that is well known. For two schools that weren't in the same conference there was as much of a rivalry as many schools in a similar situation.



    Maybe, I am not arguing that point, but it does have an established history.
    Why is it considered an "established history"? Because they play for a brass spittoon? Who cares.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in