Sash fundraiser aids Greenwood organization

Sash fundraiser aids Greenwood organization | Iowa City Press Citizen | press-citizen.com

From article:

Before Friday’s event even began, $1,200 had been raised through a silent auction featuring items such as football gear, signed NFL photos and an original piece of charcoal artwork depicting Sash and former teammate Brett Greenwood — which had reached $5,000 before Sash even arrived — created by Des Moines artist Sean Thompson.

Later in article:

This marks the second time the Sash foundation has collaborated with the Greenwood organization to raise money, the first being about a year ago.

Friends and former teammates, Sash and Greenwood’s relationship has been and will remain strong, Latchaw said.

“Tyler and Brett were not only roommates, but Tyler will say, ‘Brett mentored me in my game.’” Latchaw said. “So they’ve been very close. They remain close and Tyler wants to do anything and everything he can to help his friend.”

Banned
    Blog Entries

Re: Sash fundraiser aids Greenwood organization

I got Ty to sign my bottle of Revolt. I'm going to sell it back to DGR for $10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBTT View Post
    I got Ty to sign my bottle of Revolt. I'm going to sell it back to DGR for $10,000.
    That should buy him PLENTY of baby oil for Revolt2! You're a good man, Ghost!
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody...and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear...~Norm Peterson

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeShane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBTT View Post
    That should buy him PLENTY of baby oil for Revolt2! You're a good man, Ghost!
    WTF are you talking about Shane??? Revolt is a fricken scientific mixture of a lot more then baby oil. GDR spent half of his life making his masterpiece.

Banned

tx alot for the last 3 posts that have added nothing.

Anyone know how Brent is doing?

Anyone know how if anyone knows how a contribution will help Brent.

Thanks everyone and God bless Brent's continuing recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronzuriel View Post
    tx alot for the last 3 posts that have added nothing.

Anyone know how Brent is doing?

Anyone know how if anyone knows how a contribution will help Brent.

Thanks everyone and God bless Brent's continuing recovery.

I dont have any updates on him but they explain the contributions onthe site. Here's from the foundations website:

Brett Greenwood Foundation

On September 9, Brett Greenwood, former Hawkeye football player, collapsed during a routine workout. Brett had developed an abnormal heart rhythm, which caused his heart to stop, resulting in serious neurological injuries. Brett is recovering and working hard to regain his strength and mobility.

We are thankful to the many, many people from across the country who have reached out to us.

Because so many of you expressed a desire to support Brett in a tangible way, we have established the Brett Greenwood Foundation. The donations made to the Brett Greenwood Foundation will go into a fund that will be used to support the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, where Brett was treated, and the Hawkeye Athletics Department in the form of an Endowed Scholarship in Brett's name.

Our heartfelt thanks for your continued support and prayers.

The Greenwood Family

Sean Thompson is good people...he has donated two of his originals (the Sash/Greenwood piece and the Faith piece) to the Greenwood Foundation cause, and those two pieces have fetched nearly $8000 combined in auction.

Tyler has done a great job giving back in time, talent and treasure for Brett as well. So many people have come together for this cause, it's just great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by imported_Tmoney12 View Post
    WTF are you talking about Shane??? Revolt is a fricken scientific mixture of a lot more then baby oil. GDR spent half of his life making his masterpiece.
    Oh...I...my bad!

Just realized I typoed in my first post...must fix!

Edit: Screw it...I F'd it up BAD...
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody...and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear...~Norm Peterson

Theee Waukee side of WDM via Windsor Heights via West Des Moines via Marshalltown
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeShane View Post
    Oh...I...my bad!Just realized I typoed in my first post...must fix!Edit: Screw it...I F'd it up BAD...:(
    Takes a good man to admit when hes wrong :)

In all seriousness hope BG is doing well and a LOT of people have come together for him.

Takes a good man to admit when hes wrong

In all seriousness hope BG is doing well and a LOT of people have come together for him.
    True dat! Keep getting better, Brett!