Simpson's new hire

InterMat Wrestling - Simpson hires Hansen as head wrestling coach

have some friends that know the guy from college and some alum don't think its a good hire but then again who wants to come into a program where they put NO money towards a coach/asst. coach and recruiting.

HN Legend

Re: Simpson's new hire

You forgot to throw a jab at Wartburgs weak standards.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpdog20 View Post
    crap can't believe i forgot. ive given up hope that it will be equal one of the main reasons why simpson is failing is because they don't have a full-time assistant and also pay coach the worst in the conference

Quote Originally Posted by pin2win View Post
    crap can't believe i forgot. ive given up hope that it will be equal one of the main reasons why simpson is failing is because they don't have a full-time assistant and also pay coach the worst in the conference
    Pin college athletics is NEVER equal. Texas football has a million more advantages than Iowa State. You don't seem to mind that Iowa wrestling has more $, coaching, tradition than 95% of the other schools. I also doubt you know the salaries of all the other conference coaches. Simpson hasn't recruited well and has been poorly coached for years. that's their biggest issue, not $.

not having enough money for a full time assistant hurts recruiting...we r talking about a coach having to do everything on his own which is just unrealistic

im ****** at simpson not the other schools trust me its all on simpson im not saying its unfair im saying simpson is burning this program into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by pumpdog20 View Post
    yeah he did forget. I guess ill remind everyone that a degree from wartburg is a glorified ged.

Gabel wouldn't win at Simpson. A once proud powerhouse school in most sports are a complete joke now.

deputy ur right its sad