Thread: Alumni Football

Alumni Football

A little off topic but if anyone wants to watch football in June come out to West Liberty this Saturday at 7:00. It is a West Branch vs. West Liberty Alumni full contact football game. Should be interesting. Next year they are going to work on a IC High vs. West game.

Re: Alumni Football

Dont most schools in Iowa have a type of alumnai game?
    Also didnt Jon Miller go to West Branch?

A couple of years ago, they held a game in Cedar Rapids with Jefferson versus Kennedy. Sounds like Kennedy is going to play another game this year. The company that ran these games travels across the country putting these alumni games on.

I have seen signs up in different restaurants and places advertising for these games. There are actually several places in Iowa that have teams, their website shows that Albia and Eddyville are playing a game June 23rd.

Nothing better than a bunch 30 and 40 yr old has-beens and never-weres refusing to give up the dream. I went to the Tipton/NC game last year and it was a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by WildTurkey View Post
    Dont most schools in Iowa have a type of alumnai game?
    Also didnt Jon Miller go to West Branch?
    He did, and I thought that Bohawk was going to be playing in this game for the good side.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

My hometown of Knoxville just had an alumni game against Praire City Monroe. Funny thing is nobody that played college ball played in the game, including me. It costs around $100 bucks to play with some of the money going back to the high school team.

Re:Alumni Football

Or instead of refusing to give it up, maybe they want to play because they love the game? I wasn't worth a darn, but I'd play if my old school had a game. I just loved to play. Ok fine, I loved to practice and watch the game with a very up close and personal view lol

Sounds like a good way for some old guys to blow out their knees and shoulders for good and be totally worthless around the house.
    I like big sacks and a strong Iowa D

Quote Originally Posted by MNHawkeyeFreak View Post
    Sounds like a good way for some old guys to blow out their knees and shoulders for good and be totally worthless around the house.
    So, what's the difference? Oh, they would have blown out knees and shoulders...

Quote Originally Posted by hogeye View Post
    So, what's the difference? Oh, they would have blown out knees and shoulders...
    Good point.
    I like big sacks and a strong Iowa D