Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TV Networks Caught Lying about NOT being involved in Conference Expansion

Banned
    Waiting for the ground breaking recruiting feature to debut

Re: TV Networks Caught Lying about NOT being involved in Conference Expansion

Do you suppose this irks Delany at all since FOX is a 49% owner of BTN?

If ND is the only team that would add value to the Big XII, it seems unlikely that 16-team 'super'conferences will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Section136 View Post
    Do you suppose this irks Delany at all since FOX is a 49% owner of BTN?
    I'm sure Delany got the same memo from ESPN/FOX.

HN Legend

I get the lying thing but I really cannot blame the networks for getting involved. If I am paying someone for services and I see something else that I might want and would pay more to have I will suggest to them that they get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    I get the lying thing but I really cannot blame the networks for getting involved. If I am paying someone for services and I see something else that I might want and would pay more to have I will suggest to them that they get it.
    This. In addition, from a business perspective (which is what these conferences are), I think it makes complete sense to gauge the market's reaction to changes in your business. The major consumer of the business' product are the networks. This may rub many the wrong way that media companies have so much cache in college sports, but that is just the way it is. I don't know how you would prevent it. The denying it is what casuse all the problems. Honesty is always the best policy. When they say things like "we keep our TV partners close", that means "we consult them every step of the way to see what they will buy." Its that simple.

Clay Travis
    That's what this has come to?
    We link to OKTC?
    Wow

May God have mercy on the B1G

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    Because this is in reference to Notre Dame football (which is an independent) this is less of a big deal (though it still looks a little smarmy...and is sure to pi$$ off NBC).

However, if any real evidence is ever uncovered that they explicitly advised against any schools or for any schools with existing conference affiliations...lawsuit city.

While we're at it, lets link to Paul Finebaum also & make the SEC transition right now...
    Paul Finebaum Radio Network

If ESPN and Fox Sports can identify preferred new members then it is only logical that they can identify current members that they would like to replace.
    Adopt the Fair Tax Plan

"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both." Milton Friedman

Banned
    Blog Entries

PAY -- THE -- PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorpio79

this thread belongs in Politics/Controversial

This is news?
    **** it.

Quote Originally Posted by treychase View Post
    Clay Travis
    That's what this has come to?
    We link to OKTC?
    Wow

May God have mercy on the B1G
    I enjoy reading his stuff..some of it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    I enjoy reading his stuff..some of it at least.
    I'll add that quote to the one when you told me "I don't care about oversigning".

The SEC has won the game of public perception thanks in large part to guys like Clay Travis.
    He shapes perception and HawkeyeNation links to it.
    Your site, your call, I just find it a little odd.
    Kinda like Walmart linking to Target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast