Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1
    Hawkfromnorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    10,675
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 2/0

    Campos coming back to the state?

    I first read something on CyFan that Campos has been attending some camps up in Ames since his commitment to Mizzou. I figured it was just the clownies making crap up but now some recruiting insiders on the pay boards confirmed the same thing and it looks like Campos is seriously considering ISU. Also I have read that Campos never really considered Iowa.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you lived in Ames for four years you would hate the **** out of ISU too.






  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    229
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfromnorwalk View Post
    Also I have read that Campos never really considered Iowa.
    He's a complete moron if that's true.

    How an offensive tackle from anywhere wouldn't seriously consider Iowa makes absolutely zero sense.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux City, IA
    Posts
    4,460
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCoach View Post
    He's a complete moron if that's true.

    How an offensive tackle from anywhere wouldn't seriously consider Iowa makes absolutely zero sense.
    must have grown up a clone fan, or a hawk hater. from a long term viewpoint, it would really be stupid to not consider Iowa.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    194
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re:Campos coming back to the state?

    Bbbbut... Mizzou plays in the SEC!?!? Who wouldn't want to play in the SEC?!
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    465
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/3
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    People can give their handful of exception examples if they want... but Iowa doesn't get kids from Valley. It's really bizarre to me
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    JonDMiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,759
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/52
    Given: 14/4

    Re:Campos coming back to the state?

    Iowa wanted him, that is certain
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norwalk, IA
    Posts
    719
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/5
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaTeddy View Post
    People can give their handful of exception examples if they want... but Iowa doesn't get kids from Valley. It's really bizarre to me
    They dont need to when they got cedar falls kids coming in every year. IMO, the best football players in the state comes from the eastern half of iowa, and those are the kids iowa usually gets.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    465
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/3
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    I know that eastern Iowa has produced a lot of talent, especially in terms of kids that go to Iowa. But I'm not too familiar with Cedar Falls, remind me who has played for the hawks out of CF?

    Ike Boettger
    Barkley Hill

    James Harrington is another great athlete from there. I respect that program a lot, as they are a relatively smaller school that still produces. But I don't think they produce elite talent as consistently as Valley, Dowling, Bettendorf, SC Bishop Heelan, and both IC schools produce some decent talent too. The CIML as a whole could/should be better, but it still produces some pretty good prospects.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    202
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    If true, then it's obvious the kid isn't taking his future in football all that serious...
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norwalk, IA
    Posts
    719
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/5
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaTeddy View Post
    I know that eastern Iowa has produced a lot of talent, especially in terms of kids that go to Iowa. But I'm not too familiar with Cedar Falls, remind me who has played for the hawks out of CF?Ike BoettgerBarkley HillJames Harrington is another great athlete from there. I respect that program a lot, as they are a relatively smaller school that still produces. But I don't think they produce elite talent as consistently as Valley, Dowling, Bettendorf, SC Bishop Heelan, and both IC schools produce some decent talent too. The CIML as a whole could/should be better, but it still produces some pretty good prospects.
    With two more CF kids coming in, one next year as TE, and then a lineman. But I live in central iowa and know valley pretty well. They dont produce D-1 football players as much as people think, this year and next is an exeception though.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,075
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by BergHawk7 View Post
    With two more CF kids coming in, one next year as TE, and then a lineman. But I live in central iowa and know valley pretty well. They dont produce D-1 football players as much as people think, this year and next is an exeception though.
    Des Moines as a whole produces a low amount of D1 prospects, for whatever reason. I never could understand why that is.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Allah Akbar! Cyclone Jihadist.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    97
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    Des Moines as a whole produces a low amount of D1 prospects, for whatever reason. I never could understand why that is.
    Des Moines Metro? No.
    Valley and Dowling probably have between 15-20 guys on rosters at some level of D1 school.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    465
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/3
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    Des Moines as a whole produces a low amount of D1 prospects, for whatever reason. I never could understand why that is.
    Yeah I agree, it should be higher. There is actually a lot of talented athletes in the metro, but they aren't developed as they could be. The programs are not good enough at the HS level, let alone for youth ball. DM Lincoln has done a nice job sending a couple kids D1. But there are other athletes with similar talent that don't make it out for whatever reason. I know this is a major theme of recruiting and I don't mean to tell some tiny-violin story. But it's true.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    851
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/24
    Given: 9/36

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaTeddy View Post
    Yeah I agree, it should be higher. There is actually a lot of talented athletes in the metro, but they aren't developed as they could be. The programs are not good enough at the HS level, let alone for youth ball. DM Lincoln has done a nice job sending a couple kids D1. But there are other athletes with similar talent that don't make it out for whatever reason. I know this is a major theme of recruiting and I don't mean to tell some tiny-violin story. But it's true.
    Lincoln has sent three to Iowa. Bernstine - Robinson - Young
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by alexzelada; 07-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    How about you make your parents proud of you . . . for once

  15. #15
    superfan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    1,376
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Campos coming back to the state?

    Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    Des Moines Metro? No.
    Valley and Dowling probably have between 15-20 guys on rosters at some level of D1 school.
    Prove it.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys, UNI Panthers, That's it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in