Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Campos coming back to the state?

I first read something on CyFan that Campos has been attending some camps up in Ames since his commitment to Mizzou. I figured it was just the clownies making crap up but now some recruiting insiders on the pay boards confirmed the same thing and it looks like Campos is seriously considering ISU. Also I have read that Campos never really considered Iowa.
    ***Most successful person to leave Marshalltown, move to Norwalk via Ames and quote a line from The Big Lebowski in his signature 2010, 2011, and 2012 Award Winner***

I'm gonna go find a cash machine... - The Dude

This one is for you Vin/GoG/Scorp...

"If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be traveling on, now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see"

Re: Campos coming back to the state?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfromnorwalk View Post
    Also I have read that Campos never really considered Iowa.
    He's a complete moron if that's true.

How an offensive tackle from anywhere wouldn't seriously consider Iowa makes absolutely zero sense.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaCoach View Post
    He's a complete moron if that's true.

How an offensive tackle from anywhere wouldn't seriously consider Iowa makes absolutely zero sense.
    must have grown up a clone fan, or a hawk hater. from a long term viewpoint, it would really be stupid to not consider Iowa.

Re:Campos coming back to the state?

Bbbbut... Mizzou plays in the SEC!?!? Who wouldn't want to play in the SEC?!

People can give their handful of exception examples if they want... but Iowa doesn't get kids from Valley. It's really bizarre to me

Re:Campos coming back to the state?

Iowa wanted him, that is certain

Senior

Quote Originally Posted by IowaTeddy View Post
    People can give their handful of exception examples if they want... but Iowa doesn't get kids from Valley. It's really bizarre to me
    They dont need to when they got cedar falls kids coming in every year. IMO, the best football players in the state comes from the eastern half of iowa, and those are the kids iowa usually gets.

I know that eastern Iowa has produced a lot of talent, especially in terms of kids that go to Iowa. But I'm not too familiar with Cedar Falls, remind me who has played for the hawks out of CF?

Ike Boettger
    Barkley Hill

James Harrington is another great athlete from there. I respect that program a lot, as they are a relatively smaller school that still produces. But I don't think they produce elite talent as consistently as Valley, Dowling, Bettendorf, SC Bishop Heelan, and both IC schools produce some decent talent too. The CIML as a whole could/should be better, but it still produces some pretty good prospects.

If true, then it's obvious the kid isn't taking his future in football all that serious...

Senior

I know that eastern Iowa has produced a lot of talent, especially in terms of kids that go to Iowa. But I'm not too familiar with Cedar Falls, remind me who has played for the hawks out of CF?Ike BoettgerBarkley HillJames Harrington is another great athlete from there. I respect that program a lot, as they are a relatively smaller school that still produces. But I don't think they produce elite talent as consistently as Valley, Dowling, Bettendorf, SC Bishop Heelan, and both IC schools produce some decent talent too. The CIML as a whole could/should be better, but it still produces some pretty good prospects.
    With two more CF kids coming in, one next year as TE, and then a lineman. But I live in central iowa and know valley pretty well. They dont produce D-1 football players as much as people think, this year and next is an exeception though.

Quote Originally Posted by BergHawk7 View Post
    With two more CF kids coming in, one next year as TE, and then a lineman. But I live in central iowa and know valley pretty well. They dont produce D-1 football players as much as people think, this year and next is an exeception though.
    Des Moines as a whole produces a low amount of D1 prospects, for whatever reason. I never could understand why that is.
    Allah Akbar! Cyclone Jihadist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    Des Moines as a whole produces a low amount of D1 prospects, for whatever reason. I never could understand why that is.
    Des Moines Metro? No.
    Valley and Dowling probably have between 15-20 guys on rosters at some level of D1 school.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    Yeah I agree, it should be higher. There is actually a lot of talented athletes in the metro, but they aren't developed as they could be. The programs are not good enough at the HS level, let alone for youth ball. DM Lincoln has done a nice job sending a couple kids D1. But there are other athletes with similar talent that don't make it out for whatever reason. I know this is a major theme of recruiting and I don't mean to tell some tiny-violin story. But it's true.

Yeah I agree, it should be higher. There is actually a lot of talented athletes in the metro, but they aren't developed as they could be. The programs are not good enough at the HS level, let alone for youth ball. DM Lincoln has done a nice job sending a couple kids D1. But there are other athletes with similar talent that don't make it out for whatever reason. I know this is a major theme of recruiting and I don't mean to tell some tiny-violin story. But it's true.
    Lincoln has sent three to Iowa. Bernstine - Robinson - Young
    Last edited by alexzelada; 07-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    How about you make your parents proud of you . . . for once

Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    Des Moines Metro? No.
    Valley and Dowling probably have between 15-20 guys on rosters at some level of D1 school.
    Prove it.
    Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys, UNI Panthers, That's it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast