Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1
    HawkeyesWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    763
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0

    upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    The words i type are light grey on a white background and i can hardly read them prior to posting. After posting they are fine.

    Also, getting a message. that reads 'device cannot play material' when i open some threads but everything seems fine.

    Razr maxx. ics
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    I presume you're talking about the HN app? Sounds like it might be something glitchy in Moto's skin, or with carrier bloatware, not ICS. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I won't even ask if you did a reboot of the phone and a reinstall of the app, because of course you tried those things first...!!
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    ssckelley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fairbank, IA
    Posts
    10,870
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 6/0

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    I get this error of a hot gal wearing a brown t shirt that says "I pooped today".
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lost in translation
    Posts
    2,070
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 8/10

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    i have the same problem! help!
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,454
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/11
    Given: 11/2

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    I get this error of a hot gal wearing a brown t shirt that says "I pooped today".
    I am sure your web browser is full of things you should not google.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    ssckelley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fairbank, IA
    Posts
    10,870
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 6/0

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    no, I would not google something that does not exist!
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    HawkeyesWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    763
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    I presume you're talking about the HN app? Sounds like it might be something glitchy in Moto's skin, or with carrier bloatware, not ICS. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I won't even ask if you did a reboot of the phone and a reinstall of the app, because of course you tried those things first...!!
    Yes Android. app. yes uninstall. then reinstall.

    any other ideas?
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Hawkfromnorwalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    10,675
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 2/0

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    I upgraded to rocky road. Pretty tasty.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you lived in Ames for four years you would hate the **** out of ISU too.






  9. #9
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyesWin View Post
    Yes Android. app. yes uninstall. then reinstall.

    any other ideas?
    OK, I installed the HN app in order to take a look at it. FYI, I'm running Android 4.0.3 ICS on a Samsung Galaxy SII (TMobile). Here's what a couple of screens looked like to me (these are enlarged a bit, of course):





    Is this what it looks like on your phone? I see what you mean about the light grey on white in the first screenshot, but since I don't use the app, I can't speak to how it looked on my phone before the ICS upgrade.
    My guess is that JD's people haven't massaged the app to account for ICS; it is probably optimized for Gingerbread only.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    gohawkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,395
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 128/17
    Given: 461/30

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    MMmmmm...the things I would do for a Klondike bar right about now..
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    HANK: Bobby, I never thought I'd need to tell you this, but I would be a bad parent if I didn't. Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.
    BOBBY: Why do you have to hate what you don't understand?
    HANK: I don't hate you, Bobby.
    BOBBY: I meant soccer.
    HANK: Oh. Oh, yeah, I hate soccer. Yes.

    @Norm_Johnson

  11. #11
    hawkfan1319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Iowa City , Iowa
    Posts
    2,218
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/2
    Given: 11/3

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    yup just upgraded my Maxx to ICS and same thing is going on. guessing it's on Jon's side
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    484
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 3/0

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    I have a razor and if I turn my phone horizontal the typed words are black. Not sure why but if you hold your phone vertical the type is gray.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    ATLHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    670
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/3
    Given: 1/0

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    OK, I installed the HN app in order to take a look at it. FYI, I'm running Android 4.0.3 ICS on a Samsung Galaxy SII (TMobile). Here's what a couple of screens looked like to me (these are enlarged a bit, of course):

    Scorpio... I ran across this old post where you mention you have a Galaxy SII. Do you like it? I'm thinking of getting a Galazy SIII.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLHawkeye View Post
    Scorpio... I ran across this old post where you mention you have a Galaxy SII. Do you like it? I'm thinking of getting a Galazy SIII.
    I mostly like the GSII very much, ATL. Keep in mind that this is my first Android handset - I used a BlackBerry until late last year.
    There are times when it is a bit troublesome (telephony inconsistencies), and it seems to need rebooting with regularity, but overall it is fast and very capable.
    The telephony glitches are most likely carrier-related (I'm on TMobile).
    I reckon the refinements that Samsung made to the GSIII probably eliminate any issues people had with the GSII (and the list is short), so my opinion is that you would probably love the GSIII.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    ATLHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    670
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/3
    Given: 1/0

    Re: upgraded to ice cream sandwich

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    I mostly like the GSII very much, ATL. Keep in mind that this is my first Android handset - I used a BlackBerry until late last year.
    There are times when it is a bit troublesome (telephony inconsistencies), and it seems to need rebooting with regularity, but overall it is fast and very capable.
    The telephony glitches are most likely carrier-related (I'm on TMobile).
    I reckon the refinements that Samsung made to the GSIII probably eliminate any issues people had with the GSII (and the list is short), so my opinion is that you would probably love the GSIII.
    Thanks, Scorpio. That confirms what I've read and heard... I think I'll give it a try.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in