Seasoned Miller Ready for Year 2 As Starter

Seasoned Miller Ready for Year 2 As Starter - Iowa Official Athletic Site

Didn't see this posted. From article:

In an effort to mend and learn from mistakes, Miller made it a point to spend more time in the film room.

"It has gotten to be more of a habit and a daily routine," said Miller. "To have that block of time where I can get in here to watch mistakes from last year's games and spring ball. I am always trying to build on things where I can get better."

With first-year defensive coordinator Phil Parker's mentality of implementing a more aggressive Hawkeye defense, Miller knows he'll find himself hugging the line of scrimmage more often.

"There are always things to improve on, but it was a good building block for me to get in there and get my feet wet. I went back and looked at some of those games when I struggled. I am trying to get better at those things, and eliminating those mental mistakes."

"That's what the safety position is all about," he said. "You have to be able to do both things; you have to be able to cover and help on the run. You have to show you're not just back there free-roaming, and you have to be able to come down and tackle as well."

Scorpio79

Re: Seasoned Miller Ready for Year 2 As Starter

Is Tanner seasoned or is Tanner tanner? I reckon he'll be a tanner Tanner by the end of summer.

Re: Seasoned Miller Ready for Year 2 As Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    Is Tanner seasoned or is Tanner tanner? I reckon he'll be a tanner Tanner by the end of summer.
    Perhaps. For some reason he wants his feet wet, though.
    2013 Female HN Poster of the Year

"If we make a bowl game I will personally take Minnesota Hawkeye Freak out for a nice steak dinner, and then never call her again." Stanzi 4-8-2013...Still waiting Stanzi...