Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    383

    Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    He is in the record books again. He is no longer has the most wins. The slimeball Bobby Bowden does.

    Wow...a 14 year losing streak. You can't top that.

  2. #2

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    Quote Originally Posted by jo12208 View Post
    He is in the record books again. He is no longer has the most wins. The slimeball Bobby Bowden does.

    Wow...a 14 year losing streak. You can't top that.
    A 15 year losing streak tops it.

  3. #3
    HN Legend latrans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Laboratory
    Posts
    5,169

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    A 15 year losing streak tops it.
    That's just crazy talk, you can't have seven minute abs.
    Viva Las Salukis!

  4. #4

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    Quote Originally Posted by jo12208 View Post
    He is in the record books again. He is no longer has the most wins. The slimeball Bobby Bowden does.

    Wow...a 14 year losing streak. You can't top that.
    Bowden is 100x the man that JoPed was

  5. #5

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    McQueary is the last quarterback to official win a game for Penn State

  6. #6
    HN Legend latrans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Laboratory
    Posts
    5,169

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    McQueary is the last quarterback to official win a game for Penn State
    The irony - it is thick.
    Viva Las Salukis!

  7. #7
    Senior
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norwalk, IA
    Posts
    686

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    So now that his wins are vacated, does that mean our wins over penn st. this past decade didnt happen? This is what I hate about erasing wins, they happened, we saw it happen. Im not defending joe, but we all know those wins happened. I guess we dont own PSU like we thought we did.

  8. #8
    Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    383

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    That really is ironic that McQuery was the last winning QB at PSU. I thought they said something in the presser about the wins being more than vacated.

  9. #9
    Freshman ajbrand33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    435

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    Quote Originally Posted by BergHawk7 View Post
    So now that his wins are vacated, does that mean our wins over penn st. this past decade didnt happen? This is what I hate about erasing wins, they happened, we saw it happen. Im not defending joe, but we all know those wins happened. I guess we dont own PSU like we thought we did.
    Iowa did not have to vacate any wins

  10. #10
    HN Legend bws258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,179
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    ridiculous
    ... straightening the curves ...

  11. #11

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    I think the vacating of wins was a little overkill. This doesn't involve on the field infractions so it shouldn't take away from what JoePed accomplished on the field. In my opinion this is the NCAA trying to punish a dead man.
    ***Most successful person to leave Marshalltown, move to Norwalk via Ames and quote a line from The Big Lebowski in his signature 2010, 2011, and 2012 Award Winner***

    I'm gonna go find a cash machine... - The Dude

    This one is for you Vin/GoG/Scorp...

    "If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be traveling on, now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see"


  12. #12
    HN Legend tm3308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    1. It's not a losing streak. The wins were vacated, not forfeited; it's no different than when Reggie Bush's Heisman was vacated. Vince Young didn't suddenly become the winner. It's not a losing streak, it's just a non-winning streak.

    2. I despise vacated wins. We all know what happened on the field, and there's no changing it, no matter how much we might want to.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

    Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

  13. #13
    HN Legend bws258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,179
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    2. I despise vacated wins. We all know what happened on the field, and there's no changing it, no matter how much we might want to.
    I agree, it is a completely ridiculous activity
    ... straightening the curves ...

  14. #14

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    The wins should have been forfeited. I am tired of this vacated wins business, the team that did not cheat, followed the laws, and played a fair game against the cheaters should be credited with thew win.

  15. #15
    HN Legend bws258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,179
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paterno has a 14 year losing streak..

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawknick View Post
    The wins should have been forfeited. I am tired of this vacated wins business, the team that did not cheat, followed the laws, and played a fair game against the cheaters should be credited with thew win.
    no, that's equally ridiculous, if not more so
    ... straightening the curves ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •