Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Paging JD Miller

    I just snuck a peek at le new CyFan. It seems like an improvement, but I'm not sure if that's because it is new/different, or truly better. (I will not spend enough time there to find an answer to my question.)

    Is that the new Vbulletin format that you have in mind for HN?
    Inquiring minds need to know.

  2. #2

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    I hate it.
    Voted Smoothest Poster on HawkeyeNation by HawkeyeNation.

    By popular vote it has been determined that I am atomicblue224. What?

    Febuary 8th 2013
    The Assasination of Vin/Scorp. Is srs website.

    Vin/Scorps last post - Never Forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    I'ma go to goddy church on sunday and make teh gang-rape jokes
    should go over big with the xtian hypocrites (redundant)

  3. #3

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    I just snuck a peek at le new CyFan. It seems like an improvement, but I'm not sure if that's because it is new/different, or truly better. (I will not spend enough time there to find an answer to my question.)

    Is that the new Vbulletin format that you have in mind for HN?
    Inquiring minds need to know.
    Yes and no.

    first, the content portion of CF will not be what ours looks like. Nor will we have as many ads.

    Second, the forum software they upgraded to is the forum software we will be upgrading to. But there is so much customization with that, it's not a 'that's what we are doing' type of comparison.

    Do roll around under the hood though, on your user page, etc. vBulletin 4.2 is so full of good stuff.

    Also, we have no choice but to upgrade..support for this version of vBulletin, which is at least 6 years old, is dying..which means at some point late this year, security issues go up.

  4. #4
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    Yes and no.

    1. first, the content portion of CF will not be what ours looks like. Nor will we have as many ads.

    2. Second, the forum software they upgraded to is the forum software we will be upgrading to. But there is so much customization with that, it's not a 'that's what we are doing' type of comparison.

    3 .Do roll around under the hood though, on your user page, etc. vBulletin 4.2 is so full of good stuff.

    4. Also, we have no choice but to upgrade..support for this version of vBulletin, which is at least 6 years old, is dying..which means at some point late this year, security issues go up.
    1. Content and ads, I didn't think you'd be anywhere close to the same, but thanks for confirming (relief!).
    2. I like how the core software looks, and I am excited to see what kind of customization you overlay.
    3. Can't get under the hood; banned.
    4. The sooner the better, pls.

  5. #5
    HN Legend AHawk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brown's Cafe
    Posts
    3,488

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    1. Content and ads, I didn't think you'd be anywhere close to the same, but thanks for confirming (relief!).
    2. I like how the core software looks, and I am excited to see what kind of customization you overlay.
    3. Can't get under the hood; banned.
    4. The sooner the better, pls.
    JD, could you please PM Scorpion your log in password so he can get under the hood and give us more feedback.
    And greed has led to the creation of damn near every invention and innovation in your mom's basement if you look around after reading this post. OK4P 11/21/2011

  6. #6
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by AHawk1 View Post
    JD, could you please PM Scorpion your log in password so he can get under the hood and give us more feedback.
    Or you can give me one of the many alt IDs you have on cyfan.

  7. #7
    HN Legend AHawk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brown's Cafe
    Posts
    3,488

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Scorp, What kind of feedback did you get from BK Stacker on the new look.
    And greed has led to the creation of damn near every invention and innovation in your mom's basement if you look around after reading this post. OK4P 11/21/2011

  8. #8
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by AHawk1 View Post
    Scorp, What kind of feedback did you get from BK Stacker on the new look.
    Le Stack and I are not in regular contact, unfortunately.
    I may stop by his...err, "office"...when I'm in Iowa City in October, though.

  9. #9
    HN Legend ISUhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    2,060

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Cyfan looks pretty cool. There are some good features but I felt gross being over there.
    GO PACK GO

  10. #10
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUhawk View Post
    Cyfan looks pretty cool. There are some good features but I felt gross being over there.
    ???
    Explain your screen name, pls.

  11. #11

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    w/e happened to hawkeyenation fake bookie thingy

  12. #12
    HN Legend MNHawkeyeFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Just visiting....
    Posts
    12,989

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    ???
    Explain your screen name, pls.
    I'm guessing he's a hawk fan that went to ISU.
    2013 Female HN Poster of the Year

    "If we make a bowl game I will personally take Minnesota Hawkeye Freak out for a nice steak dinner, and then never call her again." Stanzi 4-8-2013...Still waiting Stanzi...


  13. #13
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by MNHawkeyeFreak View Post
    I'm guessing he's a hawk fan that went to ISU.
    I still don't get why anyone would advertise it

  14. #14

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    1. Content and ads, I didn't think you'd be anywhere close to the same, but thanks for confirming (relief!).
    2. I like how the core software looks, and I am excited to see what kind of customization you overlay.
    3. Can't get under the hood; banned.
    4. The sooner the better, pls.
    I'm shocked!

  15. #15
    Scorpio79
    Guest

    Re: Paging JD Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by BearcatHawkeye View Post
    I'm shocked!
    'sup EddyP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •