Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rant Sports NCAAB Season Preview: Top 5 Freshmen to Watch-Big Ten

Rant Sports NCAAB Season Preview: Top 5 Freshmen to Watch-Big Ten : The Arena Pulse

From article:

Adam Woodbury, Iowa:* Yes, the Hawkeyes do have a basketball team and its making a comeback thanks to coach Fran McCaffrey and his recruiting skills. The hot-headed Irishman was able to recruit the highly coveted 6’11″ center, Woodbury, away from North Carolina and some Big Ten foes but he*still rough around the edges. The southpaw has great potential and was an MVP at the 2011 NBPA Top 100 camp.

Here’s a few additional Big Ten freshmen to keep your eye on this season: Mike Gessell (Iowa), Amedeo Della Valle (Ohio State), Denzel Valentine (Michigan State) and Mitch McGrady (Michigan).

Blog Entries

Re: Rant Sports NCAAB Season Preview: Top 5 Freshmen to Watch-Big Ten

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeHypnosis View Post
    Rant Sports NCAAB Season Preview: Top 5 Freshmen to Watch-Big Ten : The Arena Pulse

From article:

Adam Woodbury, Iowa:* Yes, the Hawkeyes do have a basketball team and its making a comeback thanks to coach Fran McCaffrey and his recruiting skills. The hot-headed Irishman was able to recruit the highly coveted 6’11″ center, Woodbury, away from North Carolina and some Big Ten foes but he*still rough around the edges. The southpaw has great potential and was an MVP at the 2011 NBPA Top 100 camp.
    Lol. That's a pretty odd comment. Fran's from Philly, not freaking Dublin.

Banned

From article:

Here’s a few additional Big Ten freshmen to keep your eye on this season: Mike Gessell (Iowa), Amedeo Della Valle (Ohio State), Denzel Valentine (Michigan State) and Mitch McGrady (Michigan).
    Nice to have two Iowa freshmen included in this article.

Banned

From article:

Also from the article:

Glenn Robinson III, Michigan: Robinson comes from a good gene pool: His father, Glen “Big Dog” is a former Purdue star who was the nation’s leading scorer (30.5 ppg)...

Holy crap, I remember the "Big Dog" playing for the Boilers -- seems like just yesterday. Was it that long ago?

Scorpio79

Quote Originally Posted by kmajhawk View Post
    Also from the article:

Glenn Robinson III, Michigan: Robinson comes from a good gene pool: His father, Glen “Big Dog” is a former Purdue star who was the nation’s leading scorer (30.5 ppg)...

Holy crap, I remember the "Big Dog" playing for the Boilers -- seems like just yesterday. Was it that long ago?
    Here's one from even further back: do you remember Russell Cross playing at Purdue?? If you do, I have a story.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio79 View Post
    Here's one from even further back: do you remember Russell Cross playing at Purdue?? If you do, I have a story.
    old man

OatesStache

Mitch McGary will be FOY.

Do tell,wait let me put my cochlear implant on , okay go ahead tell!

Banned

Well, of course. Spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cover3 View Post
    Not only that, Cover, he might be a Philadelphia Warriors/Sixers fan to boot.....

The possibility exists that he might not be a Boston Celtics fan......

Rant and DebbieBaratz need to get their facts straight.....

Go to Wikipedia, type in genealogy. And then ask your 7yr old daughter to read it, and explain it to you.
    How about you make your parents proud of you . . . for once

Excellent find, Hh......

This is very encouraging news. Big things await this season.....

I will have to ask Atomic: Is Fran a better bodyslammer that Wild Bull McCabe.....

And, Scorpio, what is with this Russel Cross Dude.....

Blog Entries

Re:Rant Sports NCAAB Season Preview: Top 5 Freshmen to Watch-Big Ten

Alex, I said it was odd, not incorrect. Sure, "The Mad Hungarian" was a great nickname for Al Hrabosky, but that doesn't mean that randomly bringing up a coach's ethnicity when discussing his recruits isn't a little out of place.

I don't expect my colleagues to say "that feisty Italian sure writes mediocre papers" when they discuss my work product.

And Jack, I didn't even think about that, but Fran probably hates the Celts, if anything.

Alex, I said it was odd, not incorrect. Sure, "The Mad Hungarian" was a great nickname for Al Hrabosky, but that doesn't mean that randomly bringing up a coach's ethnicity when discussing his recruits isn't a little out of place.

I don't expect my colleagues to say "that feisty Italian sure writes mediocre papers" when they discuss my work product.

And Jack, I didn't even think about that, but Fran probably hates the Celts, if anything.
    Sad to say, the possibility exists, Cover.....

And to think that he and Marge are Irish and proud of it.....

Scorpio79

Quote Originally Posted by kmajhawk View Post
    Well, of course. Spill.
    My high school (Downers Grove South) squared off against Chicago Manley in the 1980 Illinois HS b-ball tourney "Elite Eight" round. Russell Cross was Manley's star player, and in fact was one of the best in the state that year, maybe THE best.
    It was an awesome game, pitting the 'burb boys against the city kids. With only seconds remaining, DGS masterfully works a play for an easy layup...which Cross proceeds to goal-tend. No call. Manley wins by one. And went on to win it all.
    WE WUZ ROBBED. It was in all the newspapers the next day, including pictures clearly showing le goal tend. I have always hated russell cross.

Minor trivia: the star guard on DGS was a kid named Dan Pelekoudas, who earned a scholly to Michigan and saw some meaningful game time until Antoine "The Judge" Joubert showed up a year or two later.
    Moar trivia: the team Manley defeated in the championship, Effingham, included on it's roster a big ugly feller named Uwe Blab. Perhaps you remember him, too.

Looky

1980AA
    Super-Sectionals
    Aurora (West) 68, Rockford (Jefferson) 48
    Peoria (Richwoods) 64, Moline (H.S.) 51
    Chicago (De La Salle) 58, Hoffman Estates (Conant) 36
    Effingham (H.S.) 74, East St. Louis (Lincoln) 58
    Chicago (Gordon Tech) 58, Northfield (New Trier West) 51
    Lincoln 67, Springfield (Southeast) 57
    Downers Grove (South) 54, Olympia Fields (Rich Central) 52
    Chicago (Manley) 67, Chicago (Collins) 55
    Quarterfinals