Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Coker on Stony Brook practices

Coker did not see much difference in the I-A practice world he left at Iowa, saying, "Pretty much same type of practice, intensity the same, skill level is the exact same. There really isn't much of a difference. You can just see in practice how everybody is hyped up, amped for this season.''

Stony Brook football players have high expectations

I would hope every football team would be amped in August, Marcus.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Glass Half-Full kind of guy in a glass half-empty world.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

Quote Originally Posted by JugadorHawk View Post
    Coker did not see much difference in the I-A practice world he left at Iowa, saying, "Pretty much same type of practice, intensity the same, skill level is the exact same. There really isn't much of a difference. You can just see in practice how everybody is hyped up, amped for this season.''

Stony Brook football players have high expectations

I would hope every football team would be amped in August, Marcus.
    going out on a limb...skill level is not the same...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 4/2

Comparing Stony Brook to B10 football? I thought Coker was supposed to be smart?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Comparing Stony Brook to B10 football? I thought Coker was supposed to be smart?
    Do people really expect him to say it's a step down? And you're questioning how smart HE is?

Pot meet kettle.........

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    Do people really expect him to say it's a step down? And you're questioning how smart HE is?

Pot meet kettle.........
    He didn't *have* to compare anything specific.

The fact he's smart is why I was questioning why he bothered to compare the skill sets. Everyone there knows they aren't playing in the B10 for a reason.

Pot meet kettle, indeed.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0
    Given: 17/1

He didn't *have* to compare anything specific.

The fact he's smart is why I was questioning why he bothered to compare the skill sets. Everyone there knows they aren't playing in the B10 for a reason.

Pot meet kettle, indeed.
    I would guess somebody asked him a question along those lines, and he answered it.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    I would guess somebody asked him a question along those lines, and he answered it.
    If he was being honest in his answer he's not as smart as advertised. Same goes if he doesn't know how to sidestep a question about quality of play by just talking about hard work and dedication.

Then again, if he was as smart as advertised he probably wouldn't be sitting out in Stony Brook now, would he?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/1

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    If he was being honest in his answer he's not as smart as advertised. Same goes if he doesn't know how to sidestep a question about quality of play by just talking about hard work and dedication.Then again, if he was as smart as advertised he probably wouldn't be sitting out in Stony Brook now, would he?
    You're clueless.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/4
    Given: 11/6

Don't read too much into his comments. He evaluates talent the same way he ran most of last year...with his head down and his eyes closed. I, for one, am not surprised he came to this conclusion.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down

oh, now i get it, he's talking about the astrophysics program. makes sense now.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Quote Originally Posted by big10fan View Post
    oh, now i get it, he's talking about the astrophysics program. makes sense now.
    Well done. BTW, the phrase "pot meet kettle" or "pot calling the kettle black" or whatever, is really annoying, getting old.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    You're clueless.
    Not as clueless as someone who had an opportunity to go to a couple counseling sessions in order to rejoin his team, and potentially be a 3 year starter in the B10, but instead validated the damage to his reputation by running away from his problems in order to play at freaking stony brook.

Yeah, real smart guy there.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by WinOneThisCentury View Post
    Don't read too much into his comments. He evaluates talent the same way he ran most of last year...with his head down and his eyes closed. I, for one, am not surprised he came to this conclusion.

Thats impressive to run for almost 1400 yards with his eyes close, goodness gracious....just think how good hed have been after he got that corrected....

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0
    Given: 17/1

Not as clueless as someone who had an opportunity to go to a couple counseling sessions in order to rejoin his team, and potentially be a 3 year starter in the B10, but instead validated the damage to his reputation by running away from his problems in order to play at freaking stony brook.

Bitter troll is bitter.

There is such a thing called principle. Coker strikes me as the kind of guy who has it; if he felt he was screwed over by the university, why WOULDN'T he leave? Because the fans here adore him?

His reputation was soiled long before he decided to transfer. There's not really any coming back from sexual assault allegations, whether they were true or not, in Iowa City. Not in the post-Pierce/Satterfield/Everson era.
    Last edited by tm3308; 08-19-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 97/111
    Given: 88/118

Sounds like you're an expert on the entire situation. Please, tell me more about what Coker went though prior to leaving.

Also, where did you play college ball to be such an expert on the talent level required?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast