Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Graduate JugadorHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    On Vacation
    Posts
    983

    Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Coker did not see much difference in the I-A practice world he left at Iowa, saying, "Pretty much same type of practice, intensity the same, skill level is the exact same. There really isn't much of a difference. You can just see in practice how everybody is hyped up, amped for this season.''

    Stony Brook football players have high expectations

    I would hope every football team would be amped in August, Marcus.
    Glass Half-Full kind of guy in a glass half-empty world.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux City, IA
    Posts
    4,477
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by JugadorHawk View Post
    Coker did not see much difference in the I-A practice world he left at Iowa, saying, "Pretty much same type of practice, intensity the same, skill level is the exact same. There really isn't much of a difference. You can just see in practice how everybody is hyped up, amped for this season.''

    Stony Brook football players have high expectations

    I would hope every football team would be amped in August, Marcus.
    going out on a limb...skill level is not the same...

  3. #3

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Comparing Stony Brook to B10 football? I thought Coker was supposed to be smart?

  4. #4

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Comparing Stony Brook to B10 football? I thought Coker was supposed to be smart?
    Do people really expect him to say it's a step down? And you're questioning how smart HE is?

    Pot meet kettle.........

  5. #5

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    Do people really expect him to say it's a step down? And you're questioning how smart HE is?

    Pot meet kettle.........
    He didn't *have* to compare anything specific.

    The fact he's smart is why I was questioning why he bothered to compare the skill sets. Everyone there knows they aren't playing in the B10 for a reason.

    Pot meet kettle, indeed.

  6. #6
    HN Legend tm3308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    13,959
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    He didn't *have* to compare anything specific.

    The fact he's smart is why I was questioning why he bothered to compare the skill sets. Everyone there knows they aren't playing in the B10 for a reason.

    Pot meet kettle, indeed.
    I would guess somebody asked him a question along those lines, and he answered it.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

    Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

  7. #7

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    I would guess somebody asked him a question along those lines, and he answered it.
    If he was being honest in his answer he's not as smart as advertised. Same goes if he doesn't know how to sidestep a question about quality of play by just talking about hard work and dedication.

    Then again, if he was as smart as advertised he probably wouldn't be sitting out in Stony Brook now, would he?

  8. #8

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    I would guess somebody asked him a question along those lines, and he answered it.
    If he was being honest in his answer he's not as smart as advertised. Same goes if he doesn't know how to sidestep a question about quality of play by just talking about hard work and dedication.Then again, if he was as smart as advertised he probably wouldn't be sitting out in Stony Brook now, would he?
    You're clueless.

  9. #9

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Don't read too much into his comments. He evaluates talent the same way he ran most of last year...with his head down and his eyes closed. I, for one, am not surprised he came to this conclusion.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sioux City, IA
    Posts
    4,477
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    oh, now i get it, he's talking about the astrophysics program. makes sense now.

  11. #11

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by big10fan View Post
    oh, now i get it, he's talking about the astrophysics program. makes sense now.
    Well done. BTW, the phrase "pot meet kettle" or "pot calling the kettle black" or whatever, is really annoying, getting old.

  12. #12

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by hoffahawk View Post
    You're clueless.
    Not as clueless as someone who had an opportunity to go to a couple counseling sessions in order to rejoin his team, and potentially be a 3 year starter in the B10, but instead validated the damage to his reputation by running away from his problems in order to play at freaking stony brook.

    Yeah, real smart guy there.

  13. #13

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by WinOneThisCentury View Post
    Don't read too much into his comments. He evaluates talent the same way he ran most of last year...with his head down and his eyes closed. I, for one, am not surprised he came to this conclusion.

    Thats impressive to run for almost 1400 yards with his eyes close, goodness gracious....just think how good hed have been after he got that corrected....

  14. #14
    HN Legend tm3308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    13,959
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Not as clueless as someone who had an opportunity to go to a couple counseling sessions in order to rejoin his team, and potentially be a 3 year starter in the B10, but instead validated the damage to his reputation by running away from his problems in order to play at freaking stony brook.

    Yeah, real smart guy there.
    Bitter troll is bitter.

    There is such a thing called principle. Coker strikes me as the kind of guy who has it; if he felt he was screwed over by the university, why WOULDN'T he leave? Because the fans here adore him?

    His reputation was soiled long before he decided to transfer. There's not really any coming back from sexual assault allegations, whether they were true or not, in Iowa City. Not in the post-Pierce/Satterfield/Everson era.
    Last edited by tm3308; 08-19-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

    Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

  15. #15
    HN Legend Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    3,117

    Re: Coker on Stony Brook practices

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Not as clueless as someone who had an opportunity to go to a couple counseling sessions in order to rejoin his team, and potentially be a 3 year starter in the B10, but instead validated the damage to his reputation by running away from his problems in order to play at freaking stony brook.

    Yeah, real smart guy there.
    Sounds like you're an expert on the entire situation. Please, tell me more about what Coker went though prior to leaving.

    Also, where did you play college ball to be such an expert on the talent level required?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •