Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are there any Wisconsin commits we could pick up?

Anyone out there that could switch? I'm sure there are some good recruits from the midwest that will look elsewhere now.
    "I haven't gone to the top floor that often this year, but tonight I had a business meeting." -Dev Marble 2/1/12

Re: Are there any Wisconsin commits we could pick up?

Don't worry, Kurt will be sending out hand-written letters to them letting them know that they can come to Iowa.
    2011 HN award weiner-pooping-rack'em!
    2012 HN Basketball Poster of the Year - Suck it Herby!

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER

..An obvious one is Sam Raridon.

But we stopped recruiting him at one point. Perhaps losing our first commit to Indiana changes that?

Raridon obviously.
    Iowa was in on Clement (4* RB) and Marcus Ball (3* safety) who just committed like last week. Alec James was a DE who had interest in Iowa, but not sure on an offer or not.

First person I thought from Wisconsin that Iowa heavily recruited is Melvin Gordon. Would love to have that kid play for Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    First person I thought from Wisconsin that Iowa heavily recruited is Melvin Gordon. Would love to have that kid play for Iowa.
    Doubtful on him. He's have to sit a year.
    ***Most successful person to leave Marshalltown, move to Norwalk via Ames and quote a line from The Big Lebowski in his signature 2010, 2011, and 2012 Award Winner***

I'm gonna go find a cash machine... - The Dude

This one is for you Vin/GoG/Scorp...

"If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be traveling on, now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see"

Chikwe Obasih - Yahoo! Sports

We were in early on him. With our needs at DE and Kenney from Indiana leaving last month he would be a good target.
    ***Most successful person to leave Marshalltown, move to Norwalk via Ames and quote a line from The Big Lebowski in his signature 2010, 2011, and 2012 Award Winner***

I'm gonna go find a cash machine... - The Dude

This one is for you Vin/GoG/Scorp...

"If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be traveling on, now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see"

Banned

If his behavior during the Penn State sanctions is any example, Kurt will call his old friend Alvarez to ask permission to speak with commits. Barry will tell him to pound sand, and Kurt will.

Kurt is gentleman. He will make no proactive efferots to poach players. That may be one of the reasons we are not more succesfull in recruiting but at least he and the University have some integrity. blah ha hah blah ha ha ha!

I am more concerned about Pierschbacher. He's been talking a lot about Wisconsin lately, so maybe this gives us a little advantage...? maybe.

Graduate

Barker Carey, he is a four star kid out of Minny, DL, said it came down to Wisky and Iowa, could be interesting to see if he visits IC again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfromnorwalk View Post
    Doubtful on him. He's have to sit a year.
    I know but he is a good back.

All depends on who the next Sconnie coach is. If its Diaco, I think people will bolt, but if they can get someone like Fedora or Smart or Rhoads I think nobody will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaHWKI View Post
    Kurt is gentleman. He will make no proactive efferots to poach players. That may be one of the reasons we are not more succesfull in recruiting but at least he and the University have some integrity. blah ha hah blah ha ha ha!
    why do u guys insist on dis-respecting Ferentz? STOP CALLING HIM KURT...........annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaHWKI View Post
    We have good football coaches and even better people. So we've got that going for us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast