Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Top 5 hawks

  1. #1
    HawkeyeMHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,455

    Top 5 hawks

    I have a friend who is one of the best all time hox wrasslers of all time. I want to get your opinions on top wrestlers all time and see if he makes your list. Who ya got?
    Originally Posted by HawkForce http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/i...s/viewpost.gif
    haha I really found this funny for some reason...no one can say Hawkmha doesn't have great timing.

  2. #2
    OatesStache
    Guest

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Royce Alger. Kid had the finest examples of cauliflower ears that I've ever seen. Which means he had to be great.

  3. #3
    HawkeyeMHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,455

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Interesting reply....is he top 5,

  4. #4
    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    3,243

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Joe Williams
    Tom Brands
    Lincoln McIlravy
    Mark Ironside
    Matt McDonough

  5. #5
    MeatMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,188
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Joe Williams
    Tom Brands
    Lincoln McIlravy
    Mark Ironside
    Matt McDonough
    no metcalf?
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstalent View Post
    This team angerfies me

  6. #6
    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    3,243

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan View Post
    no metcalf?
    Who would you remove off the list to add Metcalf? Metcalf was #6 on my list.

  7. #7
    MeatMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,188
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    how about Barry Davis or Jim Zalesky?

    pulled up a quick list. yikes. i don't want to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstalent View Post
    This team angerfies me

  8. #8

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    I know I'm bias having gone to school with him, but I have always though Eric Juergens should be in these lists 4 time AA and finishes of 3, 3, 1, and 1

  9. #9
    MeatMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,188
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Ed Banach?

    got to take Ironside and McDonough off the list. have to have at least 3 NCAA championships to get on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstalent View Post
    This team angerfies me

  10. #10
    MeatMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,188
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjm56 View Post
    I know I'm bias having gone to school with him, but I have always though Eric Juergens should be in these lists 4 time AA and finishes of 3, 3, 1, and 1
    here's a nice little article i just found. now, of course i don't remember the 80's, but we had some dominant guys then.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstalent View Post
    This team angerfies me

  11. #11
    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    3,243

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Looking back at Iowa Wrestling history it's impossible to put together the top 5. I can agree with removing Ironside, but not McDonough.

    Then you also have to take into consideration of Joe Williams who was one of the best wrestlers in the 90s. Then you have Zalesky as you mentioned, on top of that you have Terry Brands.

    I give up. This is crazy ridiculous looking at the past NCs from Iowa.

  12. #12
    MeatMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,188
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Looking back at Iowa Wrestling history it's impossible to put together the top 5. I can agree with removing Ironside, but not McDonough.

    Then you also have to take into consideration of Joe Williams who was one of the best wrestlers in the 90s. Then you have Zalesky as you mentioned, on top of that you have Terry Brands.

    I give up. This is crazy ridiculous looking at the past NCs from Iowa.
    agreed. you can probably make a case for McD when/if he wins it again this year. oh, what could have been if not for that ASU wrestler.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstalent View Post
    This team angerfies me

  13. #13
    MeatMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,188
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan View Post
    here's a nice little article i just found. now, of course i don't remember the 80's, but we had some dominant guys then.
    here's the link. weird, thought i posted it. guess not.

    Top Ten: Hawkeye Wrestlers - KRUI Radio
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstalent View Post
    This team angerfies me

  14. #14
    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    3,243

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan View Post
    here's the link. weird, thought i posted it. guess not.

    Top Ten: Hawkeye Wrestlers - KRUI Radio
    That's an awesome list that puts things into perspective. Thanks you for the link.

  15. #15
    HawkeyeMHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,455

    Re: Top 5 hawks

    Good article. We've had some good ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in