HN Legend

Crowd Was Awesome!

This team feeds off the students and the excitement. If the crowd and student section can do this every home game then Iowa is going to be very tough to beat in CHA.

Re: Crowd Was Awesome!

That was fun!!

HN Doctorate

Don't get your hopes up until we return from break. I'd love it if Carver always looked and felt and sound like that, but I don't think it happens again until BIG season starts.
    "If anybody thinks I'm going to sit there with my hands crossed when we're down by 40, they got the wrong guy, OK. I was brought in here to change the culture. I'm going to coach with passion, and my players know that. They also know I'm going to fight for them." - Fran McCaffery.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by uofihawkInation View Post
    Don't get your hopes up until we return from break. I'd love it if Carver always looked and felt and sound like that, but I don't think it happens again until BIG season starts.
    How about New Years Eve? #1 ranked Indiana.

HN Doctorate

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    I really hope so. I'll be at every game over break, but I also grew up close to campus. I think a lot of general admission will fill in most, if not all, of what the students don't for IU. I'm trying to talk a few friends into joining me for that one!
    "If anybody thinks I'm going to sit there with my hands crossed when we're down by 40, they got the wrong guy, OK. I was brought in here to change the culture. I'm going to coach with passion, and my players know that. They also know I'm going to fight for them." - Fran McCaffery.

HN Legend

If we get this kind of energy for that game Iowa will win.

Who was the fan in the VIP section that got a chest bump from Fran after the game? He looked familiar.

The IU crowd will be like tonight. Last time I checked there weren't a ton of tickets left.

Quote Originally Posted by scullydirt View Post
    Who was the fan in the VIP section that got a chest bump from Fran after the game? He looked familiar.
    I believe that was "hawkgasser" if you frequent the rivals board. He is the guy Dakich was talking about last year during a game.

I'd imagine the crowd will be awesome for our upset of Indiana

Sophomore

I'm a student, and I plan on going back for this game. But sorry to be bearer of bad news, but I have a feeling the student section will be fairly weak man. All the Illinois kids won't be going, at least. But who knows, maybe the game tonight showed people we're a different team this year, and a lot of students will show. But I remember the Ohio State game last year and there weren't many students in a "sellout" crowd

I will be driving up from Des Moines with a few for the IU game. Whats better than beating #1 then going out in IC for new years?? Nothing. And the guy who chest bumped Fran was Brent Feller, big time donor.
    Iowa City via West Des Moines
    GO HAWKS

Wharrr clown fans with comments????

I was worn out at the end of the game from yelling so much. That was one heck of a game - Iowa's energy was terrific and we beat a very good team tonight.