Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1
    HawkeyeHypnosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CR IA
    Posts
    5,278
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 49/0
    Given: 44/20

    Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Win in 2013 … or else | Lindy's Sports

    From article:

    2.Kirk Ferentz, Iowa. The embattled Hawkeye coach will reportedly return for his 15th season, much to the surprise of some in Big Ten circles. After finishing 4-8 this season in a down year for the Big Ten, Ferentz is 19-19 in his last three seasons after taking Iowa to the Orange Bowl in 2009 with an 11-2 record. Ferentz has produced only six winning conference records in his tenure at Iowa. “What I’m married to is what’s going to work, to give us the best chance to win,” Ferentz said in his season-ending press conference. That marriage needs help of Dr. Phil proportions if Ferentz wants to survive past next season.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    DesMoinesHawki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,036
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 51/3
    Given: 27/3

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    We're little 'ol Iowa. We might revert back to our 19 losing seasons in a row if we turn to another coach. Come on ...
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    iahawks912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    U of I
    Posts
    1,792
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Kurt is staying like it or not he showed loyalty to us therefore he gets the same... End of conversation.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    170
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 2/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by iahawks912 View Post
    Kurt is staying like it or not he showed loyalty to us therefore he gets the same... End of conversation.
    Loyalty? It's not like he had offers on the table to go elsewhere. No one else wants him. You call it loyalty, I'll call it overstaying his welcome. He's not doing us a favor by staying he's doing future generations of Ferentz's a favor by collecting his over inflated salary.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    326 Cedar Street Davenport, IA 52802
    Posts
    11,077
    Blog Entries
    13
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by rhoffs8 View Post
    Loyalty? It's not like he had offers on the table to go elsewhere. No one else wants him. You call it loyalty, I'll call it overstaying his welcome. He's not doing us a favor by staying he's doing future generations of Ferentz's a favor by collecting his over inflated salary.
    Oh you!
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    HawkeyeHypnosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    CR IA
    Posts
    5,278
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 49/0
    Given: 44/20

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by rhoffs8 View Post
    Loyalty? It's not like he had offers on the table to go elsewhere. No one else wants him. You call it loyalty, I'll call it overstaying his welcome. He's not doing us a favor by staying he's doing future generations of Ferentz's a favor by collecting his over inflated salary.
    Really? No offers? Maybe you have not paid attention over the last decade. Any and every decent job that pops up, college or NFL, his name is thrown in. Have you spoken to his agent this year? Then I doubt you know if he had any offers. He has had more opportunities to leave than a lot of coaches get at numerous schools. Whether his time is up or not, you're wrong.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    whammer33024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,557
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    put my gloves on to refute what rhoffs8 said...then read this...

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeHypnosis View Post
    Really? No offers? Maybe you have not paid attention over the last decade. Any and every decent job that pops up, college or NFL, his name is thrown in. Have you spoken to his agent this year? Then I doubt you know if he had any offers. He has had more opportunities to leave than a lot of coaches get at numerous schools. Whether his time is up or not, you're wrong.
    took my gloves back off
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    234
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeHypnosis View Post
    Really? No offers? Maybe you have not paid attention over the last decade. Any and every decent job that pops up, college or NFL, his name is thrown in. Have you spoken to his agent this year? Then I doubt you know if he had any offers. He has had more opportunities to leave than a lot of coaches get at numerous schools. Whether his time is up or not, you're wrong.
    Just because a name is mentioned on TV or Radio or the even more accurate "message board" doesn't mean he was an actual candidate. Agents are paid to get their clients name out there and thats what Kurt's does. Its to either find a better job or "secure the one they have". John Grudens name does the exact same thing yet hes still sitting at his cushy job where hes not accountable for the dumb stuff he says and stupid hair cut he has. I am not saying he has never been considered for another job but the only one he ever spoke about was the Ravens job where he went and "spoke" with them as a "courtesy" Kurt said. Why they would want his opinion is beyond me.....However TV gets paid to create speculation and drama and names float around all the time. Except for this year..... Kurt will never coach in the NFL if he ever truly had a shot that all went away with these last 3 years and his record against teams he "should" beat.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Looking for a fun chat during the game visit us at http://www.justin.tv/iowahawkeyeradio Come listen to Dolph and Eddie stay for some entertaining chat.

  9. #9
    hawkdrummer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    5,219
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/6
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeHypnosis View Post
    Really? No offers? Maybe you have not paid attention over the last decade. Any and every decent job that pops up, college or NFL, his name is thrown in. Have you spoken to his agent this year? Then I doubt you know if he had any offers. He has had more opportunities to leave than a lot of coaches get at numerous schools. Whether his time is up or not, you're wrong.
    Just because the pundits threw his name out there, doesn't mean he was a real candidate. And it definitely doesn't mean he had any actual offers.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    326 Cedar Street Davenport, IA 52802
    Posts
    11,077
    Blog Entries
    13
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkdrummer1 View Post
    Just because the pundits threw his name out there, doesn't mean he was a real candidate. And it definitely doesn't mean he had any actual offers.
    Then it is probably safe to assume that nobody ever wanted him ever.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    234
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBTT View Post
    Then it is probably safe to assume that nobody ever wanted him ever.
    I believe its safe to assume that is the case now and going forward.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Looking for a fun chat during the game visit us at http://www.justin.tv/iowahawkeyeradio Come listen to Dolph and Eddie stay for some entertaining chat.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    326 Cedar Street Davenport, IA 52802
    Posts
    11,077
    Blog Entries
    13
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkers86 View Post
    I believe its safe to assume that is the case now and going forward.
    I think Peter King said that Kurt was in the top 5 of most respected college coaches among NFL executives.

    When Chan Gailey gets fired, Kurt will probably be offered the Buffalo Bills job. Don't be surprised if he interviews.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,320
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 98/20
    Given: 13/2

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    "Reportedly" the article says Kirk is "reportedly" saying on. Is somebody somewhere "reporting" that Kirk is staying on? "Much to the surprise of some in Big 10 Circles?" What the hell kind of circles is this guy speaking of? Who was reporting anything other than Kirk staying?
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where FREEDOM lives
    Posts
    1,930
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBTT View Post
    I think Peter King said that Kurt was in the top 5 of most respected college coaches among NFL executives.

    When Chan Gailey gets fired, Kurt will probably be offered the Buffalo Bills job. Don't be surprised if he interviews.
    Please Buffalo? Please??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Why you would even consider him now is nuts, but please, please, please do Iowa Football a favor.

    FreedComanche
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    326 Cedar Street Davenport, IA 52802
    Posts
    11,077
    Blog Entries
    13
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

    Re: Win in 2012.... Or Else - lindyssports.com

    Quote Originally Posted by thetrza View Post
    "Reportedly" the article says Kirk is "reportedly" saying on. Is somebody somewhere "reporting" that Kirk is staying on? "Much to the surprise of some in Big 10 Circles?" What the hell kind of circles is this guy speaking of? Who was reporting anything other than Kirk staying?
    The info was "leaked" from sources close to the "reporters" prostate.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in