Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2013-14 Schedule

Has anyone heard anything as far as who Iowa is trying to schedule non-conference next season? Obviously playing a weak non-conference has hurt the squad in a lot of "experts" eyes this season.

Just curious if anyone has any idea? Obviously nothing is official yet.

Re: 2013-14 Schedule

Theyre in a tournament in New York with Syracuse, Cal and Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by eveningnewsteam View Post
    Theyre in a tournament in New York with Syracuse, Cal and Texas.
    That's 2014-15, they're in the Great Alaskan shootout next year, which has a pretty weak field.

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan33 View Post
    That's 2014-15, they're in the Great Alaskan shootout next year, which has a pretty weak field.
    It isn't a great field but it isn't a "weak" field either. Since Alaska Anchorage is DII they wouldn't count towards the RPI anyway but of the remaining 6 teams that Iowa could play they all have a higher RPI this year then 7 of the 13 non conference teams from this year. And 3 of the teams in the field next year are in the top 100 this year with Denver at 66, Indiana St at 78 and Harvard at 97.

I don't know enough about what each team has coming back next year but the teams in this tournament is still going to be an upgrade non conference schedule compared to this year.

They will also be neutral court games which mean more than home court games. I don't know this personally but have been paying attention to all of the RPI posts...even though I personally still don't think RPI is anything more than 1 of many pieces in the evaluation puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyescott View Post
    It isn't a great field but it isn't a "weak" field either. Since Alaska Anchorage is DII they wouldn't count towards the RPI anyway but of the remaining 6 teams that Iowa could play they all have a higher RPI this year then 7 of the 13 non conference teams from this year. And 3 of the teams in the field next year are in the top 100 this year with Denver at 66, Indiana St at 78 and Harvard at 97.

I don't know enough about what each team has coming back next year but the teams in this tournament is still going to be an upgrade non conference schedule compared to this year.
    3-20-14...Project Iowa to finish 11-7 in 2014-15 B1G Hoops

“The bottom line is you recruit 150 guys and you end up with three,” McCaffery said. “Some of them, we’ll eliminate. Some will eliminate us. And some, we’ll go right down to the wire with and we’ll come in second.”

We will probably get a much better ACC team next year. Probably a middle of the pack team.

ILHawk

that is weak...

Yea, that is still going to do very little to impress anyone. Hopefully they can schedule somebody straight up. No risk, no reward in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rodthompson View Post
    Yea, that is still going to do very little to impress anyone. Hopefully they can schedule somebody straight up. No risk, no reward in my opinion.
    The key will be to win 12 BT games - nonconference schedule be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by ILHawk View Post
    that is weak...
    It's not weak on paper. That's how you play the RPI game. Wins over Denver, Indiana State and Harvard (for example) on a neutral court, would be waaaaay better than beating South Carolina State's of the world in Carver.

Of course, we don't know the draw of that tournament yet and Iowa could get AK-Anchorage, Pepperdine or TCU and then it wouldn't do much for the Hawks.

Can you stop posting above the post you are quoting...its giving me a headache

Kthx

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorHawk View Post
    They will also be neutral court games which mean more than home court games. I don't know this personally but have been paying attention to all of the RPI posts...even though I personally still don't think RPI is anything more than 1 of many pieces in the evaluation puzzle.
    *2011 HN Football Board Poster Of the Year*

*2011 HN Smoothest Poster From The Arnold's Park Area*

"busabus114 is exceptionally smoooooooth" -Keith Stone

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ILHawk View Post
    that is weak...
    Maybe it is weak but playing the teams in this tournament next year on a neutral court is still going to be an upgrade over playing the 310th, 263rd, 334th, 325th, 342nd and 309th teams at Carver like this year.

ILHawk

Maybe it is weak but playing the teams in this tournament next year on a neutral court is still going to be an upgrade over playing the 310th, 263rd, 334th, 325th, 342nd and 309th teams at Carver like this year.
    Better hope we don't lose to Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoSuperHawk View Post
    It's not weak on paper. That's how you play the RPI game. Wins over Denver, Indiana State and Harvard (for example) on a neutral court, would be waaaaay better than beating South Carolina State's of the world in Carver.

Of course, we don't know the draw of that tournament yet and Iowa could get AK-Anchorage, Pepperdine or TCU and then it wouldn't do much for the Hawks.
    How about losing to Indiana State or Denver? That would be just like this year against Wichita St, except even worse.

What about putting Missouri on the schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by busabus114 View Post
    Can you stop posting above the post you are quoting...its giving me a headache

Kthx
    I have been working really hard on this today...just for you.
    3-20-14...Project Iowa to finish 11-7 in 2014-15 B1G Hoops

“The bottom line is you recruit 150 guys and you end up with three,” McCaffery said. “Some of them, we’ll eliminate. Some will eliminate us. And some, we’ll go right down to the wire with and we’ll come in second.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast