Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LB Injury Rumor

LB Injury Rumor

Just heard that either Kirksey or Hitchens will be out for the NIU game. No specifics on the injury though. Sounds like Alston will get the start.

Re: LB Injury Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by imported_joshmott View Post
    Just heard that either Kirksey or Hitchens will be out for the NIU game. No specifics on the injury though. Sounds like Alston will get the start.
    Ruh roh.

This team really needs to stay healthy this year. Although there is good solid backups at the LB position, i think the leadership is extremely important from these guys.

Where did you hear this?
    "On this site, I ignore all things Cy"

Either or?... that's not real specific

Just got a text from a friend that always has good info. He didn't seem overly concerned. Might be a situation where it's just a precautionary holdout. I'm sure we'll get specs tomorrow.

Just got a text from a friend that always has good info. He didn't seem overly concerned. Might be a situation where it's just a precautionary holdout. I'm sure we'll get specs tomorrow.
    If he always has good info, why does he mention both Hitchens and Kirksey? Or are both out for the opener?
    ?
    "On this site, I ignore all things Cy"

Not good news, but I think LB is one position where we can absorb a short-term absence.

HN Legend

If true it will be interesting how they sub. Will Alston start at middle and move Morris over or will the back up play?

HN Legend

Thankfully we have Alston. Losing Kirksey would hurt the defense far more than Hitchens though.

Welp Kirk would have won more games this year if it werent for the injuries.
    If you have a problem with one of my posts please contact ChrisABraden.

"...the program sucks, he is a terrible D1 coach, KF is delusional,.... Deanvogs

^^^He didnt mean it like that, thats only part of his quote......the best part^^^

3:40 2nd Iowa 4th & 13 at Neb30 Wienke punts. Touchback. Ball on Neb20.

Quote Originally Posted by Foval21 View Post
    If true it will be interesting how they sub. Will Alston start at middle and move Morris over or will the back up play?
    I would have to think that Alston would play in the middle if were going to start. The coaches have said several times that they like the versatility of the 3 seniors that any of them could play all of the spots. As a matter of act, Morris has significant experience playing outside from 2011. And yes, losing one of our senior LBs against a multi-dimensional threat like Jordan Lynch would be a HUGE blow.

heard Hitch has a sprain of some kind. Not known how serious.

This started showing up on the pay boards last night. Nothing is solid though so nobody really knows for sure what is going on. I saw that PlannedSickDays over on Black Heart Gold Pants mentioned it in his daily article today as well.
    ***Most successful person to leave Marshalltown, move to Norwalk via Ames and quote a line from The Big Lebowski in his signature 2010, 2011, and 2012 Award Winner***

I'm gonna go find a cash machine... - The Dude

This one is for you Vin/GoG/Scorp...

"If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be traveling on, now
    'Cause there's too many places I've got to see"

I was told by someone close to the situation that he expects to play Saturday, but is being held out of practice this week. Sounded like an ankle sprain. I edited this to say expect instead of "will play" as I re-read my text message and that was the exact words used.
    Last edited by bud2380; 08-26-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTofTOWNHAWK View Post
    Welp Kirk would have won more games this year if it werent for the injuries.
    heard you'd have sold more houses if you were any good....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast