Hawkeyes Rising - SLAM Online

Re: Hawkeyes Rising - SLAM Online

[QUOTEMcCaffery is 54 years old, a bit gray-haired, tall and lean and long-legged. ][/QUOTE]

I wish they mentioned whether or not he likes long walks on the beach. Thanks for the link though. Nice to read this stuff.
    HANK: Bobby, I never thought I'd need to tell you this, but I would be a bad parent if I didn't. Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.
    BOBBY: Why do you have to hate what you don't understand?
    HANK: I don't hate you, Bobby.
    BOBBY: I meant soccer.
    HANK: Oh. Oh, yeah, I hate soccer. Yes.

@Norm_Johnson

It's a pretty good read too.

Graduate

Pat McCabe?? LOL.

Pat/Zach, sounds the same to me too, lol. Good article that summarize most of the recent stories around, nothing new but familiar.

I enjoyed this paragraph:

Finally, I thought I knew—not from any personal experience but simply from watching games on TV—that McCaffery could be fiery, intense, impassioned and occasionally eruptive on the sidelines. In my mind these were not flaws in character, not at all—I liked his fire, his obvious competitiveness, and after several depressing seasons of Todd Lickliter slow-ball I thought McCaffery’s up-tempo, guns-blazing brand of hoops was just what the Hawkeyes needed.

Good Read and Iowa getting a ton of press that has to capture the attention of the recruits......

Good find....thanks for posting.
    **1-A college football...the only sport on the planet where a team can finish undefeated and be denied the opportunity to play for a championship**