Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big 10 Power Rankings...

These pretty much change every week...and in unexpected places IMO.

1 - Michigan State
    2 - Iowa
    3 - Michigan
    4 - Wisconsin
    5 - Ohio State
    6 - Minnesota
    7 - Purdue
    8 - Indiana
    9 - Northwestern
    10 - Illinois
    11 - Nebraska
    12 - Penn State
    3-20-14...Project Iowa to finish 11-7 in 2014-15 B1G Hoops

“The bottom line is you recruit 150 guys and you end up with three,” McCaffery said. “Some of them, we’ll eliminate. Some will eliminate us. And some, we’ll go right down to the wire with and we’ll come in second.”

Re: Big 10 Power Rankings...

1 - MSU
    2 - Iowa
    3 - Michigan
    4 - Wisconsin
    5 - Minny
    6 - OSU
    7 - Indiana
    8 - Purdue
    9 - Illinois
    10 - Northwestern
    11 - Penn State (They will get over the hump sometime. They can't be that close every game and not close one out)
    12 - Nebraska

I can see a major shake up in the next two weeks. I think OSU will be able to come back up the rankings, but currently I have them in the middle of the pack. I think there are about 4 teams that are still trying to figure out their identity and a few top teams that have shown that they are pretty one dimensional.

HN Legend

1. MSU - they are undefeated and playing through injuries. Until someone knocks them off they are #1.
    2. Michigan - undefeated also in B1G play. They get an edge over Iowa since they won at Wisconsin.
    3. Iowa - moving up and looking good, can they replay that game at Wisconsin?
    4. Wisconsin - starting to slip, they had me fooled thinking they were best in the B1G.
    5. Minnesota - only losses are to the top 3, will move up with a win against Wisconsin.
    6. Ohio State - I think they will struggle at Nebraska tomorrow.
    7. Purdue - on a 3 game winning streak including a win at Illinois.
    8. Indiana - how do you go from knocking off Wisconsin to losing to Northwestern on your home court?
    9. Northwestern - because I felt I had to since they beat Illinois. I was tempted to rank them ahead of Indiana.
    10. Illinois - hard to believe they were ranked just 1 week ago.
    11. Nebraska and Penn State - they are bound to knock someone off.
    TavernHok fan here and proud of it!

Witness Protection Program... Hiding from Latrans

Illinois sucks and it makes me mad.
    It gets a little sticky below my waistline.

**Official 2011 HN Poster Awards Winner ** ~Most Valuable Poster~
    **Official 2013 HN Poster Awards Winner ** ~ISU POY~

You're #1 to me... StorminSpank

Quote Originally Posted by Doublewide View Post
    Illinois sucks and it makes me glad.
    I had to fix your typo
    All time bowl wins: Ricky Stanzi: 3
    Iowa State: 3

I give Iowa the edge because we beat Ohio State and almost beat Wisconsin and Michigan should have lost to Nebraska. If Michigan doesn't lose this week I will move them up to 2nd...ahead of Iowa. If Iowa doesn't lose this week I will move them up to 1st...ahead of Michigan State.

“The bottom line is you recruit 150 guys and you end up with three,” McCaffery said. “Some of them, we’ll eliminate. Some will eliminate us. And some, we’ll go right down to the wire with and we’ll come in second.”

I am getting the feeling that IL and IN are going to be non factors in the race. You can't lose to bad teams like they did and contend. Put them with PSU, NW, Neb. Purdue, I don't think, will factor in as they have played puffballs lately and have hard games coming up. Minnesota's ceiling is 5th, maybe 4th. OSU is 1 or 2 more losses away from falling out of contention - if they pick it up they may still be there. That leaves Michigan, MSU, Iowa, and WI. Its on.

HN Legend

The problem is they are just good enough to knock a few off on their home court.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    The problem is they are just good enough to knock a few off on their home court.
    This. They won't be contenders, but they'll be factors in the race.
    HawkeyeRyno's yearly assessment of Fran's recruiting:

Really? Because judging by how many of Fran's top targets have committed elsewhere so far and Iowa has no commitments I'd say recruiting trail has been a struggle so far for Fran for the [insert current recruiting year] class.

Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by Doublewide View Post
    Illinois sucks and it makes me mad.

Illinois and ISU have lost a combined 7 straight. U mad?
    "I only read through one and half pages of this thread and tend to find OOTH more whiny than just about everyone whose still posting here"---JonDMiller

Quote Originally Posted by ssckelley View Post
    I hope you're right. I would love to see them knock off a couple of the teams trying to compete with the Hawks for a Big 10 championship!

Until we've had the chance to play the top two teams in the conference, standings wise, it's pretty tough to gauge where we're at at this point. You almost have to put the teams in "tiers" at this point until everyone has had a chance to play everyone else. At this point, this is what I think....

Top Tier:
    MSU
    Mich
    Iowa
    Wisky

2nd tier
    OSU
    Minny
    Indiana

Bottom Tier
    Everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRico View Post
    Until we've had the chance to play the top two teams in the conference, standings wise, it's pretty tough to gauge where we're at at this point.
    We're not going to play ourselves so this is going to be really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorHawk View Post
    We're not going to play ourselves so this is going to be really tough.
    Um, last I looked, MSU and Michigan were the top two teams in the conference, so not sure what you're getting at here...

HN Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRico View Post
    Until we've had the chance to play the top two teams in the conference, standings wise, it's pretty tough to gauge where we're at at this point. You almost have to put the teams in "tiers" at this point until everyone has had a chance to play everyone else. At this point, this is what I think....

Top Tier:
    MSU
    Mich
    Iowa
    Wisky

2nd tier
    OSU
    Minny
    Indiana

Bottom Tier
    Everyone else
    I think you could whittle that down to 6 teams. I have a hard time considering Indiana a top team after losing to Northwestern at home. Wisconsin might be in that 2nd tier as well, so for me make it 3 and 3 and put Indiana in with the everyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast