Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 18/1

Re: Final 2 Scholarship Options for Men's Basketball Team with 2014 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaHawkGuy View Post
    Atwood has been offered by Louisville. Pretty much excluded him from coming to Iowa. And yes, Iowa should take some transfers to fill the scholarship(s). Time for Fran to to embrace that culture like Hoiberg does. Need an impact JUCO or transfer that can start and is experienced on this team. If none of the 4 scholarships go to players who can make an impact next season then what a waste.
    Atwood actually says he has not scheduled any visits yet, on twitter.
    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by UncleHawk View Post
    Looking at Louisville's commitment list, interest in Atwood may be in case committed but unsigned 4*PF Jaylen Johnson doesn't work out. Plus, they have 3 underclass PFs on their roster already.
    Fran should offer Jaylen Johnson, at least just for fun. He can go in and tell Jaylen that Pitino is trying to recruit over him, and steal him away. I would take Johnson for 4 years instead of Atwood for 2.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by hawkforlife9 View Post
    Let's avoid becoming transfer U. Find some good HS seniors that we can cultivate.

No jucos? Really? Anyone say Reggie Evans? Still playing in the pros. I agree that is probably the exception, but we need help NOW, not in 2-3 years. Give me Darryl Miller. 6 foot 2 inch walk-on with tom davis. We haven't had a tougher inside guy since Fran has been here. I just want 1 guy who can post up and score. There are plenty of guys out there. Fran's job is to find them. chicago is really close

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ryno View Post
    No jucos? Really? Anyone say Reggie Evans? Still playing in the pros. I agree that is probably the exception, but we need help NOW, not in 2-3 years. Give me Darryl Miller. 6 foot 2 inch walk-on with tom davis. We haven't had a tougher inside guy since Fran has been here. I just want 1 guy who can post up and score. There are plenty of guys out there. Fran's job is to find them. chicago is really close
    I think you mean Darryl Moore, whom I once bought a car off of in Iowa City at a used car joint by the waterfront Hy-vee. Not Darryl Miller , whom is, I have no F ing clue???

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 5/0

Quote Originally Posted by 22hawkeyes View Post
    Fran should offer Jaylen Johnson, at least just for fun. He can go in and tell Jaylen that Pitino is trying to recruit over him, and steal him away. I would take Johnson for 4 years instead of Atwood for 2.
    Johnson is already signed.... But you are right, Pitino is loaded in the positions Willie Atwood plays. With Harrell, Blackshear, and adding more in current & future players Agau, Onuaku and Aaron. That's a loaded deck, not even counting the shorter guards that can play big, meaning - Limited minutes...

Atwood would certainly have more playing time, and make a bigger impact. He would be the missing piece to the Hawkeye puzzle. We would be able to take out ANYONE, not just play with anyone like we currently can do...
    Damn, it's hard to believe we have that many losses and Nobody has beaten us by more than 10 points. This team is SO darn close!
    Last edited by hawkjunkie; 03-15-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/0

I think you mean Darryl Moore, whom I once bought a car off of in Iowa City at a used car joint by the waterfront Hy-vee. Not Darryl Miller , whom is, I have no F ing clue???
    you are right, darryl moore. sorry about that. Point still taken. We need to be tougher inside, height be dammed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/8
    Given: 8/0

Quote Originally Posted by big10er View Post
    He's headed to Iowa State: http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/03...-front-runner/

Going to have to land Atwood now. If not, we are in big trouble at that position and will have to either bank the scholarship or get a project. Quite frankly, projects are getting old.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Here are some players transferring from other schools that could be possibilities as follows:

Solomon Poole--Georgia Tech--6'0" G from Jacksonville, FL
    Stevie Clark--Oklahoma State--6'0" G from Oklahoma City, OK
    Mike Turner--Northwestern--6'8" 215 F from Chicago, IL
    Kale Abrahamson--Northwestern--6'7" 195 F from West Des Moines, IA
    Bryce Dejean-Jones--UNLV--6'5" 210 G from Los Angeles, CA--Played @ USC--Graduate Player
    Ronnie Johnson--Purdue--6'0" 178 G from Indianapolis, IN
    Deverell Biggs--Nebraska--6'0" G from Omaha, NE--Played @ Seward County (KS) CC

I don't know if Iowa would show any interest in any of these players.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaHawkGuy View Post
    He's headed to Iowa state: http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/03...-front-runner/

Going to have to land Atwood now. If not, we are in big trouble at that position and will have to either bank the scholarship or get a project. Quite frankly, projects are getting old.
    Don't jump the gun. He is visiting iowa state. I wish atwood would make a decision, this would allow fran to go all out after a guy like lee if atwood chooses elsewhere.

Thumbs Up/Down

Stevie Clark (Okie State) would be a wonderful team leader. Suspended for violated team rules before the season started. Arrested for drugs and suspended. Arrested for public exposure (peeing out a car window) and released from the team.

Sign him up.

Thumbs Up/Down

Don't jump the gun. He is visiting iowa state. I wish atwood would make a decision, this would allow fran to go all out after a guy like lee if atwood chooses elsewhere.
    When he looks into Fred's dreamy eyes he will sign (If Fred decides he wants him).

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by HawkMD2007 View Post
    Stevie Clark (Okie State) would be a wonderful team leader. Suspended for violated team rules before the season started. Arrested for drugs and suspended. Arrested for public exposure (peeing out a car window) and released from the team.

Sign him up.
    peeing from a car window is way more epic than Chris Kingsbury. #signthiskid

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by HawkMD2007 View Post
    When he looks into Fred's dreamy eyes he will sign (If Fred decides he wants him).
    I know, we might as well forget about him. Fred and transfer U can will lock him up on the visit.

Thumbs Up/Down

Clark--5.3 ppg & 2.7 apg before being dismissed this year.
    Turner--Looked overmatched in the Big Ten by school this year
    Abrahamson--3.8 ppg & 35.7% shooting this year; Quick-triggered F; Viewed as a complementary player by Collins.
    Johnson--10.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg & 3.7 apg for past 2 years; 10.8 ppg, 41.8% shooting & 30.4% 3's this year; Starting PG.
    Poole--6.4 ppg & 2.0 apg before being dismissed this year.
    Dejean-Jones--Swingman; 13.6 ppg this year.
    Biggs--9.9 ppg before being dismissed this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast