Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Youtube Video of Final Play vs MSU

This is pretty sweet

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K47MmbKLfrs"]YouTube - 2009 Iowa Hawkeyes Epic Play vs Michigan State highlights[/nomedia]

Re: Youtube Video of Final Play vs MSU

Look at how the interior of the OL opens up that throwing lane for Rick on the second replay of this thing. Perfect

that first angle in slo mo is a little creepy...that MSU guy just didn't want to let go of McNutt...Stross should have lit him up from behind to get back for the sandeman hit
    2011 HN award weiner-pooping-rack'em!
    2012 HN Basketball Poster of the Year - Suck it Herby!

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER

Quote Originally Posted by clicheusername3 View Post
    that first angle in slo mo is a little creepy...that MSU guy just didn't want to let go of McNutt...Stross should have lit him up from behind to get back for the sandeman hit
    I can't believe how that CB didn't Rob him of the inside...You have to stop any chance of the slant there...within a few yards, they are not going to call you for contact. Sure, you can get a fade thrown on you to the corner, but you have the boundary there as an extra defender.

And watch the defense shift when they have to follow Moeaki in motion away from the play

I agree Jon the CB can't give him the inside on that but how many CB's have been beaten by that play? It's almost unstoppable and a perfect play inside of the 10. MSU had to know that was coming right?

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    I can't believe how that CB didn't Rob him of the inside...You have to stop any chance of the slant there...within a few yards, they are not going to call you for contact. Sure, you can get a fade thrown on you to the corner, but you have the boundary there as an extra defender.
    That's what made the play. The defender had inside leverage, was up tight as though he was going to jam McNutt...for whatever reason, he didn't jam him, he gave up his inside leverage WAY too easily. and despite the inside leverage, he flipped his hips to the outside way too quickly. In another post I mentioned that it was like stealing because it truly is that easy if you let a big receiver run a slant without impeding his progress at all.

That was good Jon......but this video is even better -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlY0Ygjkoto"]YouTube - Iowa vs Michigan St Highlights[/ame]
    "Cry Havoc and Release the Hawks of War!"

Why do you blitz in that situation? That's just dumb.

Rush 3, blanket the endzone.

You win.

Bad defensive call, esp AFTER a timeout.

BREWMANIACS.COM - Enthusiastically Obsessed with Beer.

I don't have PMs turned on at this time, please e-mail me: [storminspank at gmail].

Why would the CB not be automatically fouling in that situation? He should have been told to do whatever it takes to not let the catch happen...poor coaching...instead of being so easy MSU could have lived to fight another down.

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER

Thanks, Jon! Love seeing the defeat on the MSU faces. I know it's wrong, but there it is: giant character flaw. If I felt they played, cheered and lost with class I might feel differently...but probably not.
    (Best part of the video was the caption he put on the lady next to the dude with the "Beat Iowa" shirt and foam sparty hat)
    Go Hawks!
    -Greg
    Phillipians 4:8

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clicheusername3 View Post
    Why would the CB not be automatically fouling in that situation? He should have been told to do whatever it takes to not let the catch happen...poor coaching...instead of being so easy MSU could have lived to fight another down.
    He got beat too quickly...he didn't even have a chance to grab McNutt. Take a look at Stross in the right slot too...he could have just as easily been the hero. He ran the same route, didn't get bumped or even pressed, and he had an even bigger cushion.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkhawk View Post
    That was good Jon......but this video is even better -

Man I wish Foo Fighters wasn't such an ESPN band...I used to love them

NEGATIVE THREADKILLER

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    This is pretty sweet

What a great team those HAWKEYES!!!!

Freshman

This is what dreams are made of UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan2679 View Post
    He got beat too quickly...he didn't even have a chance to grab McNutt. Take a look at Stross in the right slot too...he could have just as easily been the hero. He ran the same route, didn't get bumped or even pressed, and he had an even bigger cushion.
    Stross was not open as early as McNutt and had the umpire and linemen between him and RS throwing lane. RS made right choice. Also thanks that Stross did not try to hit the DB in the end zone and risk any type of penalty, we had already won the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast